Can you increase Srb2's DrawDistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecore

Cyansonic
DrawDistance.gif

This is very ugly, can it be increased in game?

That's not drawdistance, that's the thok barrier's one-sided linedefs; nothing is supposed to render past them, but openGL doesn't work with them quite right.

That's a separate issue, and it's not a fixable one. The software render simply cannot handle distances that large. Whoever made that level needs to break up the line of sight with one-sided linedefs.

You guys must really hate OGL to leave it like this.

OGLfail.gif

Though you probably already fixed it, Right?

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

The software render simply cannot handle distances that large.

Why not, Shouldn't "Software" mode be Dependent on your Computer?
I assure you my computer would be able to "handle" a lager Render distance.

Though you probably already fixed it, Right?

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Why not, Shouldn't "Software" mode be Dependent on your Computer?
I assure you my computer would be able to "handle" a lager Render distance.
One, OpenGL mode isn't supported. Two, software mode is called that because it doesn't use hardware accelleration; the 3D rendering is based on math performed by the CPU, math that was specifically built for speed given certain assumptions about the player's field of view and how far out it would have to draw. If it were a matter of specs or a changeable value do you really think the result of seeing out too far would be for the screen to glitch out?

OGL Not Supported? Why would you cut the Clean looking Open GL with the nasty pixelated Soft Mode? I couldn't even get the Gif to look nice.TnT

Also if this is a game that your going to put your names on. wouldn't you want to update the "Math" to Render Farther and look nicer?
As we are not in 1998 anymore..

No, we actually wouldn't like to re-write the renderer instead of working on the content of the game. It's been 4 years since 2.0 was released; we'd kinda like to get the next major version out.

Seeing as how the question this topic was made for got addressed right off the bat, and all that's left is trivializing work that would take expert programmers months going on years to do, I'll just go ahead and close this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back