TriopolisTown.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my levels for GemPlanet that I decided to upload. It's a scrapped level that will be no longer in GemPlanet after I make all 26 levels.

Here is a screenshot.
srb20000-2.png

and here is the download link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5aakft

Be sure to play this level in a netgame with me.

You may enjoy this level but you will also run into a few bad glitches.
This is a 30,000x30,000 map.

The enemies are the same. The only thing different is the sprites used for those enemies.

In short, they are not 1.1 enemies, only 1.1 sprites.

Triopolis Town 9/10

Wow, This is how to make a good 1P city level.
Nice and long, not cramped, cool level features, over all very good!

The thing is that at the start the monitors are a bit to random.
And if you ask me i think you should lower the side walk so you don't have to jump to get on it.
(If this is scrapped why am I giving a list of things to fix? >_>)

This is way better then my city level if you ask me.

The Review(*****)

-Why it got 5/5 stars-

1. A bit laggy, but it's a big level, so i don't care that much.
2. Nice scenery, not just generic city texture.
3. Nice city design, a cool level to play through.
4. Lengthy, i like lengthy.

-What you can do to improve-

To be honest, not much of anything, i didn't download it thinking it was just another random city level, but i was wrong, and the 1.1 sprites are a nice touch, after seeing this, you should definatly keep working on gem planet, brandon.

Well I tried this out. Great job, GemEB. You made a realistic city map without it being too flat and bland. I enjoyed this.

Minor cosmetic suggestion: Instead of using the textures you used for the white and yellow paint on the floor, use DCWHITE and DCYELLOW (sp on both) as they're made to look like paint on the road.

Do you think so too?

This level was much too large and open. There are barely any jumps, and you can easily get lost if you follow the Springs.

Wow, this is new, a map that made me want to try both paths. Because see, having alternative paths isn't very interesting if it makes you want to take only one of them :P By the way, long time I don't play SRB2 with frameskip. It's that I dared to play it in software mode ;)

By the way, the map is big, yes, but I never got lost. Moreover, it was amazingly easy to find the way to follow. There are a lot of places to explore and also several items to find. There are too many enemies, but this is proportional to the size of the map, so it doesn't really matter too much (I gotta try this with lag through :P).

The graphical glitches can be fixed if you divide the sectors into smaller ones, I guess.

EDIT: I forgotten to say, there's a redwall in one of the buildings of the beginning... through it's a redwall in software mode o_o' How it turned out for it to have a real redwall rather than a HOM there? Anyways, fix it :P

I'll Begin said:
GemEarthBrandon said:
I'll Begin said:
Yes, Speedylizard4. Don't quote huge images.

In fact, GemEB. Don't POST huge images.

Oh, my apology, maybe i'll do 320x200 on windowed mode then if thats ok with you.
Photobucket can't resize images?

No I can do 320x200 images by taking s screenshot on windowed mode and photobucket can resize images, I done alot.

Re: The Review(*****)

SWP (SRB2) said:
-Why it got 5/5 stars-

1. A bit laggy, but it's a big level, so i don't care that much.
2. Nice scenery, not just generic city texture.
3. Nice city design, a cool level to play through.
4. Lengthy, i like lengthy.

-What you can do to improve-

To be honest, not much of anything, i didn't download it thinking it was just another random city level, but i was wrong, and the 1.1 sprites are a nice touch, after seeing this, you should definatly keep working on gem planet, brandon.

Nah I really hated this level, I gonna re-design a new triopolis town where no lags occur and graphical glitches. The rest of my levels are good.
Thanks for liking it.

I'll Begin said:
Well I tried this out. Great job, GemEB. You made a realistic city map without it being too flat and bland. I enjoyed this.

Minor cosmetic suggestion: Instead of using the textures you used for the white and yellow paint on the floor, use DCWHITE and DCYELLOW (sp on both) as they're made to look like paint on the road.

Do you think so too?

Aww man you got me right there, I forgot all about that. Thanks for that good tip. You will see a better version of my level soon.

The level is nice and big, but I found a major flaw that could make this way better. When I play city levels, I enjoy running the streets, but whats more fun is being able to run on the skyscrapers and buildings. This was not truely possible on your map. Your placement with lives was totaly overused and too obvious. Besides those things, its big, and I enjoyed running the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back