my first(non-timer) soc. SAthing.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I know this thing is easy to make, you don't have to point it out. I know that some of you are going to flame me since it's easy, well flame away.)
This soc just changes the levels a bit and, of course, makes all levels a SA level. I made it so you can do all multiplayer games(except CTF and Race) on the non-boss levels.(As said above, flame if you must.)

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3buej5

Common sence leo...
(not flaming)

When you expect people to flame you, you might get that.
It may cause people to just ingnore the download and just flame away as u said.
At least if you know your gonna get flamed just ingnore it.

You do want people to at least download it right?

cause i most certainly am not.....

PS(why expect flaming? tis like puttin a kick me sigh on your back and not expecting to get kicked =/, shame on you)

Leo the Lion said:
Slash said:
why expect flaming?

Because, almost everyone that makes an easy to make soc gets flamed. Also, I was sugar-high when I posted. ^^ I do really stupid things while sugar-high.

There's a difference between flaming and discouraging a soc. In any case, flaming is against the rules anyway, so I personally wouldn't expect it.

Constructive criticism, on the other hand... :p

First of all, underscores are unnecissary in the map names.

Second off, header mods aren't really any better than timer SOCs. It takes about five minutes to do this if you know what you're doing.

Generally, if you want to learn to SOC, it's a better idea to just fiddle with the crawla, and see what the different actions and variables do. That's what I did (First SOC was an immobile Eggman clone enemy that launched an endless barrage of missiles at nothing in particular)

Making enemies really doesn't even require knowing how to draw. You could make a black jettysin that shoots bomb rings, or a golden crawla with rings orbiting around it. Enemies don't need unique sprites just to be creative.

I would start by just playing around with thing types and seeing what results you can get from changing seestates and attackstates, then going gradually indepth as you learn more about how enemies work. That's how I learned, anyway.

No, idea. The Castle Eggman boss has spikes orbitting around Robotnik, though, so I know it's doable.

I think someone already did something like that, though.(made something float around a jetysyn, i think,pretty sure they were boxes.)

Draykon made rings orbit around players, I know that.

I think it would be interesting to see some flying enemy in the sky with ten rings circling it, then some player bops the enemy and the rings spill in all directions.

That's one thing I just thought would be cool, for some reason.

actually its not too hard...
just create the hyper sonic sparks that surround HS and then change the thing type of the sparks to rings >via copy-to<

it sounds easy but you still have to modify the properties of the rings so they arent retarted lol

Great, I stink at modifying properties. :/ I'll try.

EDIT: I can't find a way to make anything float around something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back