• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
FailingSnarlingCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

praise srb2i/o

Oooh, nice! how are bosses going to work?

Well, first of all, it's unlikely the final thing plays on vanilla srb2 levels, if it even plays with Sonic to beging with. Everything shown until now are basically test scripts for later on. As for bosses, it was originally planed to instantly trigger a fight upon entering the boss map, but since we're gonna have custom maps, they'll probably work like in your average RPG. :P

The question is, does the star post fill you with DETERMINATION?

I can't wait to see what you have planned for the other badniks, the crawla's are really cool looking so far. Keep up the good work!

How do you plan on getting items in the game? (Besides being a cheater and using debug commands)

As I said, we are gonna have custom maps with this. So we are probably gonna have shops as well while we're at it.

Who's gonna run the shops? Are they gonna be the Undertale characters or just plain vanilla npc's? Also, will the shop take you to a separate screen like in Undertale. I'm happy to give suggestions since you want this to be as fateful as possible to the original game! =)

Who's gonna run the shops? Are they gonna be the Undertale characters or just plain vanilla npc's? Also, will the shop take you to a separate screen like in Undertale. I'm happy to give suggestions since you want this to be as fateful as possible to the original game! =)

We haven't thought of any of this yet.
I myself have no clear idea of the "story" (if there's gonna be one), if you'll play as Sonic characters or the UT protagonist. Then again, I have all the time in the world to think about all this, although I'd like to give some use to these old sprites of the protagonist I did a little while ago.

LazyFrigidAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Anyway, here are some more save file test shenanigans.
Now, it saves your items, weapon and armor, as well as the map you were in and the position you last saved in!

Oh god, the more I hear the word "Undertale" the more I want to kill myself. The game was good at first, but people like you ruined it.

So because I wanted to do an Undertale mod on some Sonic fangame allowing to use Lua to see where I can bring it to, it's instantly cancer? I'm used to self deprecating about what I do and myself in general, but I'm sure this thing I did is better than half of the Unitale fights.

Now sure, tell me why it makes you want to "kys". I mean, a reason that's something else than "It's Undertrash so it's instant cancer!!!!!". Because as long as you keep it like that, your post is like a kid insulting someone for fun without any viable reason.

jk, here's a rope.

since you want this to be as fateful as possible to the original game! =)

As a counter-point, I feel that this would be more harmful than good to your work. You have the ability to take things so much farther than UT ever did, so just trying to stay faithful would undermine what you potentially could do. And if you wanted to stay faithful... why wouldn't people just play UT itself then?

Keep things Sonic-based, give yourself room to play around and experiment, and I'm sure whatever you make will be a lot more fun than just "UT in SRB2".

犬夜叉;780906 said:
And if you wanted to stay faithful... why wouldn't people just play UT itself then?
Maybe they just want to play whole Undertale for free without pirating or playing the demo as some weird way to bypass those two things so Lat fell free to expirement with your project because It sounds good!

I want to keep an Undertale feeling without it being a litteral copypaste for everything.

640942srb20007.png

I think that's a step closer to it?

Thinking about it... Inuyasha is right! You SHOULD go further then Undertale did. (Maybe add new elements, or stuff, new bosses. Honestly I just want to help supply ideas and suggestions!) =\ Also the load option is amazing! Sorry for soo many questions but will there be npc's to talk to during the game? Will any major Undertale characters make appearances at all in this mod?

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

EDIT: Also, since the screenshot suggests the mod being underground like the real game, will their be custom textures and gimmicks for the levels?

I want to keep an Undertale feeling without it being a litteral copypaste for everything.

640942srb20007.png

I think that's a step closer to it?

NOICE.

It is indeed a step closer to it, I love it.
I gotta ask though; is this a replacement for the Menu? I'm a little bit confused as to how this works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back