• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you two!
I'd like to work on it faster too, but I hardly have time to even turn my computer on recently. I still managed to do another 4 frames which actually took me longer than it should've taken despite 70% of the work already being done by the base Sonic poses because I couldn't get the head angle right lol

AlarmingEverlastingIndusriverdolphin.gif

I have also done half of the back-side angle walking anim but I don't have time to work on it anymore. I've literally made more frames today than in the whole past 2 months.
By the way, Silver is going to have a proper running animation that he will be able to reach without sneakers whatsoever. Now what will it look like? Surprise, surprise!

Well the head turns left and right a bit when he walks. There's also the gif resolution screwing up some pixels and making them larger than they should be.

EDIT: While I'm here, should Silver's shoes have specific soles or are the black ones alright?

Dammit MotorRoach, you ninja'd my idea! DX

Meh, You should try to follow a style similar to that, especially if you're going for a modern Silver.

BreakableCarefreeBobwhite.gif

CookedPotableCatbird.gif

Are these ok?
Also Silver's run animation will be an actual RUNNING animation, I don't plan on giving him some cliché Super float sprite.

I'm not entirely sure how we can portray Silver's speed. His blockbuster premiere (Sonic 06) has him as slow as a normal running man, the Rivals series makes him a little more slower than Sonic, and Generations 3DS has his running speed abysmally slower than Sonic in general. He's slow, that's for sure, but at times, he's not 06 slow.

Just give silver a slow acceleration and knuckles's top speed. That should make him balanced and close to the way silver should be portrayed.

Just give silver a slow acceleration and knuckles's top speed. That should make him balanced and close to the way silver should be portrayed.

Define "should" in this case. Silver was always intended to be a slow character even though he was so painfully slow in the likes of Sonic '06. His telekinesis makes up for his slow speed.

Define "should" in this case. Silver was always intended to be a slow character even though he was so painfully slow in the likes of Sonic '06. His telekinesis makes up for his slow speed.
Requesting Teleport Dash from Sonic Rivals pls. His telekinesis won't help him survive half of Egg Rock, hell, how is he going to get under walls at that matter? Silver doesn't have a proper spindash or roll ability.

Requesting Teleport Dash from Sonic Rivals pls. His telekinesis won't help him survive half of Egg Rock, hell, how is he going to get under walls at that matter? Silver doesn't have a proper spindash or roll ability.

Unless if I'm mistaken, I believe this is still a thing.

DiligentBoilingBoto.gif
Here is about how powerful the ability is right now with the changes 742mph mentioned.
EDIT: Ability activation also changed to spin, you don't have to hold it, though.

It's still here. This ability is ridiculously powerful, even in Egg Rock.Silver will also have a slide to make up with his lack of Spin in regular gameplay on the custom 1 button. The spin button might be saved for telekinesis stuff later on.

Are you going to atleast make some sort of sliding frames? Or instead use the cliché pain frames?

Are you going to atleast make some sort of sliding frames? Or instead use the cliché pain frames?

I don't know I'm not there yet.
Besides, while I'm not 100% happy with the side walking head turn thingy, I figured out it was complete enough to show that Silver can now WALK!

AdorableScratchyJohndory.gif

Yes, walking, the defining skill of moving! (Insert actually witty comment here.)

Silver's looking great in my opinion! Looks like a fun character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back