[Open Assets] Lua: Sonic Adventure (3.1) quick fix

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
This is a script that adds sonic Adventure 1 moves to sonic. it uses none of the custom buttons so it is cross compatible with most lua.

Changes:
1) Press spin in midair and sonic will uncurl and lose all momentum
2) SpamDash (see screenshot)
3) light-dash (Badnik) hold spin to charge, release next to rings
4) SA1 Styled jump and homing attack
5) Light-Speed Attack: Same as light-dash but release spin in air

UPDATE 3.0!!!
1) BUG FIXING
2) NEW LIGHT SPEED ATTACK BEHAVIOR (see images for details)
3) ADDED NEW SOUNDS FOR SONIC AND CO.
4) OTHER LITTLE THING

3.1 quick fix (fix a sound that was not working correctly)

Special thanks: Badnik for the lightdash. (credit is is in the MainCFG.)

enjoy

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 1,767
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,621
  • srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 3,598
  • srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 1,584
  • srb20021.gif
    srb20021.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,825
  • SA3.1.zip
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,830
Last edited:
This all seems to be working. There's a small warning when adding it which you can see in the console which is as follows:

WARNING: Line 0: Unknown word: SPECIAL

Just add a # before the line in question because it's a comment. Comments in the MAINCFG need to be started with a #. I think // Might also work, but I can't be sure.

Since this doesn't affect the file at all though, this can be released.

This is a really cool wad, but it seems the lightdash is... More than a little buggy. The attached GIFs should probably show why.

Attachments

• srb20007.gif
    srb20007.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,482
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,020
I love how the phrase "SpamDash" was used. Well done on everything, but i think that the light dash could use a button after the spindash. Could you try making a custom meter to help trigger the light dash?

I never had THAT happen with Badnik's light dash, though that may be because I didn't use it that much. Also, before I recorded the first GIF, Sonic got hit by the crawla that was on that platform there. Or at least I think he did, I heard the hit sound... And i'm pretty sure Sonic was invincible during the light dash in Badnik's script.

I never had THAT happen with Badnik's light dash, though that may be because I didn't use it that much. Also, before I recorded the first GIF, Sonic got hit by the crawla that was on that platform there. Or at least I think he did, I heard the hit sound... And i'm pretty sure Sonic was invincible during the light dash in Badnik's script.

ive noticed that if you get hit and try to light-dash that you get stuck on rings as if you are using no clip (because you cant get rings while using no clip)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post but SA1 script is all fixed. give it a test. I would appreciate feedback

Actually it was did on the RPG Sonic remake, but it don't remember that you can run on the waer in SADX...

Would Sonic switching out of spindash if already in a spindash when pressing the spindash button be a bug, perchance?

Would Sonic switching out of spindash if already in a spindash when pressing the spindash button be a bug, perchance?

if while running than thats that spamdash, if standing still than that means you are prepared to do a light-dash. let go of the spin button next to rings to lightdash. at least thats how it worked in sonic adventure.

if while running than thats that spamdash, if standing still than that means you are prepared to do a light-dash. let go of the spin button next to rings to lightdash. at least thats how it worked in sonic adventure.
Needs more buttons, that's the main problem with this entire function, buttons. if there were a button for both Light dashes it would've been much simpler to activate. Taking out all the timing based stuff and making the use of the lightdash more mainstream would really seal the deal.

Needs more buttons, that's the main problem with this entire function, buttons. if there were a button for both Light dashes it would've been much simpler to activate. Taking out all the timing based stuff and making the use of the lightdash more mainstream would really seal the deal.

The thing is that, sonic adventure one didnt use extra buttons. Sa1 only used jump and spin buttons for all these actions. If you dont believe me then go play it for yourself.

What I was trying to say, is that occasionally, spamdashing will force you into your running frames, making you vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back