Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares? It allegedly being done by the Storybook Division is a bit more important.

Well that answers that then, I just hope we don't end up with on rails gameplay...which is very likely we will end up with it...

That is the Wiimotes fault, it plays 100x better with a Gamecube controller.
Not entirely what I'm talking about. Daytime Sonic had some really weird turning when all you want to do is move another direction, even at low speeds. Double tap to run as Werehog? On a control stick? Took me a while to get used to having to hold in Y rather than just tap it and stay on the pole or carry a box as well. Most of these are okay to adjust to, but a lot of the older games had the control mechanics rather comfortably set to begin with.

You're saying because SMB and SMG2 are two different games they shouldn't be compared

Nonono. I'm saying that SMG2 and SMB are alike in the fact that they are both well-developed games with very similar merits, in spite of the radical changes SMG2 brings. The modern Sonic era (even Sonic Adventures 1&2 included) seemed to have forgotten some of the mechanics that made Sonic play how it did, and the artistics (themery, sound, drawing style, plot elements) that colored the world has now varied for partly the same reasons. The fact that it varies isn't what kills the fun, it's how it varies; a lot of the Sonic games seem to oversee some fundamental rules that the classics kept in mind, and development changes in the past also have kept staff from ensuring everything ingame works properly.

If I wasn't mistaken, the reviews for nearly all these games were good not much was too bad in these games
Alright, I'm going to take a look at metacritic real quick...

Sonic and the Black Knight: 54
Sonic Unleashed (360): 54
Sonic Unleashed (Wii): 66
Sonic and the Secret Rings: 69
[I'd go on, but I don't think we need another overview of 2006]

...I'll take "mixed", but "good" seems to be stretching it just a bit. I think the highest rated Sonic game in recent history is Rush with an 82, yet mere ports of Sonic 2 are getting press scores of the same number (the user rating for that is 9.7, which says something as well).

, but you still stab it because you can't let go of the past like the Mario fans did. They've accepted this is the new generation but everyone's saying that Sonic's 1990s games are the new generation when it obviously isn't. The software's hardware is there for a reason, not to be dumbed down.
Hey, how long has it been since we've had a Mario platformer in the same vein as SMB3 or SMW? Were there any quick time events in Super Mario Galaxy? Wh-- How--

Okay, look, I know a good game when I see one, and hardcore Mario fans have it pretty damn good when it comes to modern-day quality material. Any average game critic will tell you that Sonic [Title] generally tends to have controversial mechanics and game setups that hinder gameplay. It's possible for you to enjoy a game in spite of its flaws, but that doesn't mean it's well-built.

Ya, this sounds fake.

Yep, thank you for your enlightening speech. Because yeah, they'll go to all this trouble, hire a CGA artist and even make a complete website full of new art and characters (that I like the design of) just to trick us. This isn't April Fools.

Anyway, after getting over the name, I actually like the concept. I've taken into consideration of everyone's posts and I'm admiring where this is going. It would be cool if they based the 3D platformer on the classics, well the controls (since I'm not a big "fan" of the classics), since it would give a unqiuely styled gameplay. I think I'll buy this game (coming from the guy that buys every new-gen Sonic game).

Just to note, my opinions are unintentionally biased since I've grown up with new-gen Sonic games and I found that the original Sonic games weren't as good (mainly the art style since it's what I focus on).
Consider this a slice of my life.

For example Sonic 4 is to Sonic games what NSMBW is to Mario games.

Its not like Sonic didn't have any 2D normal games before. Plus, tons of games are getting remakes at the moment. Including Earthworm Jim.

So if a game uses space... its totally reserved for Nintendo and they're ripping Nintendo off?

Got it.

It looks as if Sega has swiped both Fawfulfan's Tortured Planet mod and de Blob.

In all seriousness, though, the concept sounds interesting. And although it's pointless spectulation, I wouldn't actually mind a de Blob type game mixed in with typical Sonic speeds and elements.

Its not like Sonic didn't have any 2D normal games before. Plus, tons of games are getting remakes at the moment. Including Earthworm Jim.

So if a game uses space... its totally reserved for Nintendo and they're ripping Nintendo off?

Got it.

No, SMG is a ripoff of Metroid.
So Sonic Colors is ripping off Metroid.
DUH.

blurb_soniccycle_20090508.png

why are there geese in the background

Well I'm taking a pretty wield guess and the super forum is going to be this...
Sonic Colors sounds a little boring and feels like another Sonic Unleashed.
I actually, found SU to be very boring because after the story, that's it. Nothing else. If SEGA turned Sonic Colors into a game like this,(Maybe with a little bit more 3d and err SLOPES) I'm pretty sure it will be one kick-ass game. (Customizable levels and characters might sound like a good idea for a sonic game therefore expanding the game into different series of games which makes it non-boring in my opinion.)

...I can totally see Hyper Sonic being in this one guys

The flock represents the Sonic fanbase.

...Yep I see how that makes sense, never really saw the flocks until abridgedman pointed it out XD

On the topic though, my hopes for this are (as of now)...

1. that it isn't Linear in 3D parts

2. The obvious inclusion of a Super Form

3. If the game will be at E3

I know that there are more, but those are the first 3 that came to me

The flock represents the Sonic fanbase.

Well, now it seems pretty obvious, but its very meaning is pretty inventive.

Also, I liked sonic unleashed, hell I'm playing it now on my PS2 but anyway, I think that sega is making too many sonic games. Hell, I don't really care about a new one, just give me shenmue 3 and jet set radio 3 to go please.

I feel it would be a better idea to collect Chaos Emeralds again, but not through story such as Sonic Adventure did. It should be similar to the classic games, where collecting the Emeralds weren't mandatory, but they were to get the correct ending. It adds much more to the game.

...And I still enjoy Special Stages.

I bet the Emeralds are getting shafted in this game.
Usually, the spin-offs just throw in some other emerald clone.
Edit: Actually, it might be too early to judge.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back