• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Limestone Ruin Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
First thing is first: ALL CREDIT BELONGS TO FORMER MEMBER "CHAOS"
Well, since Chaos got permbanned for reasons unknown to me, I'm releasing this level for him. I think it's pretty dang good (as compared to all the crap you guys have been shoveling out lately), and Chaos needs some constructive criticism/suggestions. Take note that it is not done, and has no exit sector. I think some of the bottomless pits aren't working either, but everything will be fixed in time.
Here's some screenshots:

Entryway(GFZ themed):
srb20001-8.png

Some fountains found inside:
srb20002-6.png

This is one of the main rooms where paths branch off:
srb20005-3.png

Some nice looking room:
srb20003-4.png

Here's the (updated) link:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=d4bedeb1cb8c503e245ae1108176ecab

I played this. It was pretty good. It is a small bit above the average map, but I don't think anything else.

Good things:

+I liked the detail placed through the map. It makes it seem all ruin-like.
+I liked the detail in the beginning. If it was on all sides, instead of just the left, it would be more realistic.
+I liked the ideas of the paths. The left path was my personal favorite.
+The path splitting added some replay value and style.

However, like any map, there are bad things:

-The Tails and Sonic paths don't seem to be as long and hard as Knuckles's. It's possibly just me, so I hope Chaos doesn't take this as a bad thing.
-For some reason, some parts had items that didn't do anything when you touch them. The Rings after the turning currents, and the hidden Emerald room had this happen in them.
-The pit after the giant path meet didn't work, and the current had an effect on me, even when not in the water.

Overall, I would give this an 8.7/10.

Um, this issue has already come up before with HaloFire. The entire purpose of banning someone is to keep them out of the message board. It was ban evasion before, and it still is now.

Actually, nobody posted as to why they locked it, so I'm just guessing here. The level was a piece of carp though, and Roboegg99 was the one who posted it, so that might've had something to do with it.

Yes, I know I'm backseat moderating here, so I'll shut up now. :X

I don't really think it's ban evasion. People that are banned can still enter the level design contest, and get criticism for their work. I don't see how posting Chaos's work to get some more criticism is any different. I mean it's not like Chaos is here, posting his words through me...

How about a bit more criticism?
So far, only Karuno has given any kind of rating for this map, and that's the only reason I posted this on here in the first place. How about some suggestions or at least something of the sort...

As I've said on the Cafe, make the second half of the stage less linear, create a couple more checkpoints, and fix those redwalls.

Link updated. Please give some more criticism people. If you don't then that's just defeating the whole purpose of me uploading this level here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back