Doomseeker now supports SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2 Riders 2.1 supports Doomseeker?

I'm not sure if I made it possible, but I think I managed to get all of the SRB2 Riders 2.1 wads available for Doomseeker?

r889kyb.png
r889kyb

Your site won't count as far as i know, Only direct Download links, and sites that look like this : http://static.best-ever.org/wads/ , seriously guys just register an account on #bestever IRC Channel on "irc.zandronum.com:6667" and you can freely upload your wads here : http://www.best-ever.org/upload
EDIT : + Only available to download for you if you add them there , You must actually upload your wads to one of the default sites .
EDIT 2 : Or if you don't want to create an account just for that, simply upload them here http://doom.dogsoft.net/

Last edited:
I don't think the default sites exist anymore... Most of the wad hosting sites must've died years ago...

EDIT: Guess not...

Fair enough, this should work, I've got everything except the .lua file for SRB2 Riders 2.1.

Well, the lua files size is small and since that site doesn't allow users to upload LUA, simply don't do it and let users manually download them ingame .
EDIT : Oh well .

35hea87.jpg

Last edited:
Red sun; red sun over paradise

I'm of the opinion that you guys should just wait till an official repository goes up with everything in releases.

Though it occurs to me that if you guys did set up one for everything that doesn't get into releases, the .. younger portion of the MS would probably not have to deal with sendspace or 4shared anymore, and that'd be a good thing.

Yea it will, if doomseeker fails to find the wad(s) on the usual Wad uploading sites like best-ever.org and doom.dogsoft.net (means can't find the wad(s) on those sites), It'll ask for players to visit the url that the Host has specified (if he did) to get the required wad(s) .
EDIT: Turns out that this tab (Misc) isn't accessible for SRB2 in Server creation Window for some reason, although it works for other engins :( .

SRB2's server query protocol doesn't send any website URLs. It's not possible to get this information from servers so I also disabled the option to set it. I don't think that SRB2 has any command line parameter or console command that would allow to specify website URL.

As I stated before, you need to pester SRB2 devs to add such functionality to the protocol.

I'm of the opinion that you guys should just wait till an official repository goes up with everything in releases.

Though it occurs to me that if you guys did set up one for everything that doesn't get into releases, the .. younger portion of the MS would probably not have to deal with sendspace or 4shared anymore, and that'd be a good thing.

Actually, a stable Doomseeker version doesn't mean wad uploading sites will change, Who knows ... maybe someday we'll get a repository specifically for SRB2 , Untill then we have Mega-Dog and similar wad uploading sites .

SRB2's server query protocol doesn't send any website URLs. It's not possible to get this information from servers so I also disabled the option to set it. I don't think that SRB2 has any command line parameter or console command that would allow to specify website URL.

As I stated before, you need to pester SRB2 devs to add such functionality to the protocol.

It wouldn't hurt to add the rest of features i mentioned in the Ticket page , untill SRB2s developers decide to add that feature .

Last edited:
Oh, you didn't inform them, i will .
* A New Doomseeker beta update is out , It includes the ability to set-up A Dedicated server with your specific game mode settings , Like Number of Laps, Item respawning time, Ringslinger, Friendly fire, RCON, MOTD .... etc

* Doomseeker is designed to display only the Settings for the selected gametype by the way .

Example : Currently selected gametype is "Race", Laps and Countdown time settings will be available .

* It also adds the ability to Broadcast your server to the Master server (that feature didn't work in the earlier version) .

Fair enough, this should work, I've got everything except the .lua file for SRB2 Riders 2.1.

Don't forget to upload the lua too, it appears that it's allowed after all (it should automatically compress it to .Zip, but don't worry, Doomseeker will extract it however ) .

Last edited:
Mine doesn't appear SRB2

Did you get from here ? , because the latest stable version doesn't support SRB2 yet .
EDIT : i bet you're talking about servers not showing up, well it's because either Master server is empty or down .

Last edited:
Zalewa released a new update, give it a try, Also we seem to have found a bug in SRB2, Read about it below :
Zalewa said:
Updates ready for testing on beta update channel.

Quote from "Unknown"

Also the following Server settings [...] if you add them it would be really appreciated

Added all but SCRAMBLEONCHANGE in this commit:
https://bitbucket.org/Doomseeker/doomseeker/commits/992a3bf41a2aaf20e1c975253cd5c99ba031cc00 [^]

I omitted SCRAMBLEONCHANGE for now because current plugin API makes it impossible to add this property within realms of sanity. I can only add boolean flags and integer values and I can't provide tooltips. This property isn't self-explanatory. I'll add it when I get around to improving current API (which might take another 2 months or so)

Quote from "Unknown"

You can't load more than 1 Lua file for some reason .

Should be fixed:
https://bitbucket.org/Doomseeker/doomseeker/commits/f31d2b361125d1f50cb3473e6519dad51efeb6c7 [^]

Quote from "Unknown"

Another bug or not working feature, Doomseeker doesn't launch the game with the wads loaded if they're not inside the game folder (the wads that it downloads) , although it's possible to do that Manually if you use -file "Directory/yourwad.wad" "Directory/yourlua.lua" ... etc , i mean it's possible to load the files from outside of SRB2s folder but it doesn't work for Doomseeker.

My investigation revealed that it is not possible to load files outside of SRB2 folder when there's '-connect' present in the command line. Files can be loaded only if they're in a subtree under srb2.exe. I created a 'lol' directory and put some .lua files there and the game found them in that directory and loaded them when I tried to join a server that required them. It almost looks like the game ignores '-file' arguments when '-connect' is present on the command line.

I did nothing about this for now. I believe that it's a bug in the game and it should be fixed. If it's impossible then I have a shitty solution where Doomseeker would create a temporary directory within SRB2 directory and copy the WAD files there and then remove them when game exits. This allows for some potential situations where it will fuck up and fail to remove the temp dir and leave trash files that will hog up the drive and confuse the game upon subsequent runs. Another solution is to point Wadseeker to store files within SRB2 subdirectory, which might not sit very well with you if you also want to run normal Doom games using the same Doomseeker config and/or suffer from OCDs (no insult intended). It will also nicely fuck up if you installed SRB2 to "Program Files" and have UAC enabled - from experience there are people who are unaware why it's impossible for programs under usual circumstances to write to "Program Files" directory and its subdirs.

Please note that "create game" actions don't suffer from this problem as there's no '-connect' in cmd line there.

It almost looks like the game ignores '-file' arguments when '-connect' is present on the command line

Checking SRB2's source code for myself, this is exactly what happens yes. Probably a deliberate thing to stop people adding their own WADs when they're supposed to join a netgame, since whatever WADs it has will either be loaded automatically or downloaded + loaded if the user does not already have it.

Why are you able to set a RCon password when creating a SRB2 server? SRB2 don't even have support for RCon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back