UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tails' eyes will be placed in the texture when I put the finishing touches on. Also, Tails is missing animations yet hehe.

But yeah, my compy crashed unexpectedly and now I need to figure out where blender saves its autosave backups *grumble*

Als in case no one noticed my post on the last page, heres a pallete compatible 512 texture for use in making a WAD like the wizard sonic one. I could never figure it out.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2171/playpalletelz4.png

When you make a WAD like the Wizard one, you just copy Sonic.plr and replace the all sprites in Sonic.wad with the texture. When no skin is registered, the game uses the "GR_MD2 0" sprites as a replacement. By making a skinwad the game uses the texture, and the models color can change.

I have created the Colorchange WAD as you subliminally implanted in my mind. LINK REMOVED BECAUSE IT DIED 20 internetz dollerz say that I did something crappily and someone else will do it better.

Okay yeah there was something a little weird with that.

I think the dithering would look great with some adjustments and a resolution boost back up to 1024. Although the WAD will be about 16 MB then. Personally that's not a whole lot to me, but I know some people here freak over files that are over a few MB.

Ok, I was trying to make a SMS model, but I got confused a little. I was make a straight arrow on his head and it ended up all cricked. I only got the fur and the shoes right.....Well part of the shoes. Here's the model Skin

Now here's what I need left; the glove cuffs and The arrow on his head.

Now reference.

Meh, I got some of him. >_> Can someone finish it please? I got confused with this stuff.

Here's a pure gold sonic if you want it.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
Ok, I was trying to make a SMS model, but I got confused a little. I was make a straight arrow on his head and it ended up all cricked. I only got the fur and the shoes right.....Well part of the shoes. Here's the model Skin

That's just how UV maps work. Try to remeber that the flat image is wrapped around a 3D mesh, so the UV map itself appears to be wider and somewhat deformed, just go with the curves on the head of the texture when drawing the arrow and not trying to copy it literally from the original sprite, which will result in deformation.

Demon Kirby said:
This is what boredom does. >>
srb20035.png

Just no...

Umm Choas Knux.............................................

Is this supposed to happen.

I don't like those black lines on his head.

I have no idea how THAT happened! must be some problem in the texture image or something, cause I just replaced all the sprites in camosonic with the texture in XWE.

Have you tried it out yourself? Everytime I use it, those black lines appear on his head and glove and anywhere else it is. I opened it up in XWE after I used it in SRB2, but I don't see a problem with it. No black marks. :P

I got it! Those black sectors must not be skinned in the image! Ashnal, can you layer the model's verteces over the skin?

Actually Ashnal and I were discussing this a while ago. It's a result of XWE not converting the image correctly, but we don't know why it's doing that.

All you can do is live with it until someone finds a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back