How to apply WADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario! Where are you?

8)

I don't get it but whatever I do, I can't get m_ario on even if I load it up in the SRB2 Launcher. I also can't get b_owser on either.

NOTE: I haven't tried the M_ultiplayer section yet. I only downloaded it yesterday.

NOTE: I put a _ in to avoid the firewall from thinking i'm on a games-related site as I'm acessing this place from school.

Well, how could it not? There's a giant "Sonic Robo Blast 2" up in the corner. Welcome, by the by.

And school computers don't have 'firewalls' that block sites, you know...
Instead, they have keyloggers and passive information gathering tools which watch everything you do and can gather things like your password to the message board as well as tell the school which computer at exactly which time you were accessing the board from.

If you feel uneasy about that, I suggest you stop using the school computers to get here.

Jason the Echidna said:
and can gather things like your password to the message board

Heh, that's simple to solve: Change your pass. Then they can't access your account :D

Yeah, and then the next time you sign on via the school computer you'll have to change AGAIN. :roll: Not that they'd do anything more then yell at you, suspend you for a week, and take away you internet rights anyway.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
I mean, it has both. It's got a firewall, as well as a seperate program that filters out certain sites that have specific words on them.

Same here, but all I have to do to get to a naughty is click refresh at the access denied page.

Okay, think of WAD files as Mods. They basically change or add to the resources of the game to make new levels, characters, game modes, etc. When you add a WAD file, it will be present until you close the program. Also, there is an anti-cheating feature that prevents you from unlocking anything when you add WADs, unless it's specially designed like Mystic Realm is.

I'd say that the easiest way to add WADs is to use the SRB2Net Launcher. It has a tab that contains a list which you can add WADs to. However, the WADs have to be in the same directory as the game or it will look in the wrong place for the executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back