How to use OpenGL in 2.0.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the reason is that the old lighting effects really didn't work all that well, and looked quite unnatural under most situations, even more so than having no lighting at all.

...but the real reason is that they had a negative impact on performance, even when disabled. The only way to get that back was to simply remove them from the game.

I see... So, pretty much now it is used to see up and down and also to load MD2 Models, right?

Oh, another thing I want to mention: Why is it that flat surfaces in OpenGL (by flat, I mean fences and those white net looking things) are invisible? Is it suppose to do that? Forgive me if this has been asked already... I will admit that I am too lazy to read the whole thread. >.<;

Oh, another thing I want to mention: Why is it that flat surfaces in OpenGL (by flat, I mean fences and those white net looking things) are invisible? Is it suppose to do that? Forgive me if this has been asked already... I will admit that I am too lazy to read the whole thread. >.<;
It's just a glitch with the OpenGL renderer.

I see... So, pretty much now it is used to see up and down and also to load MD2 Models, right?

You mean polyobjects? Yeah, they don't render in OpenGL. Stick to using OpenGL for non-single-player gametypes if it bothers you enough.

Those aren't polyobjects. Polyobjects render fine in OpenGL - arguably better than in software. Those are really flat FOFs with the transparency set to minimum; in software, that actually makes it render at full opaqueness, but with all cyan pixels completely invisible. I guess that doesn't work in OpenGL?

I probably wouldn't hold my breath for that to get fixed, either. Well, I found my answers I have been looking for. I'll continue to mess around with it and such. Thanks for the help. =)

Those aren't polyobjects. Polyobjects render fine in OpenGL - arguably better than in software. Those are really flat FOFs with the transparency set to minimum; in software, that actually makes it render at full opaqueness, but with all cyan pixels completely invisible. I guess that doesn't work in OpenGL?

Ah, that might explain things. Makes sense really that OpenGL borks some maps by rendering them better. Lol, Software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back