Blank flat? Don't render flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Hello all,

So I have a conundrum. I have a set of water FOF's stacked that have different properties on each. However, flats render between each block, destroying any chance of continuity. I know I can use a custom block to prevent the FOF from rendering floors and ceilings, but I need some of the blocks to render one or the other. I tried creating a fully transparent flat, but SLADE wouldn't let me convert it to flat format (and this wouldn't work anyway with tranlucent blocks). Any suggestions?

When you made your transparent flat (which I assume is just all cyan) did you make it 64 x 64? Also, if you were to make the transparent flat work you would have to make a translucent fof be completely opaque, so I am not sure if that will work too well with water.

Flats don't actually support transparency in the Doom engine. SRB2 has a hack to enable it for transparent FOFs only, where all fully-cyan pixels become fully transparent while others remain fully opaque (I believe you get this by setting transparency to either fully-transparent or fully-opaque; I forget), but that's the only instance I can think of, and I don't think it applies to water.

I do know that the game doesn't render the wall textures for connected water FOFs, but I don't know if that extends to flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back