Extra Player Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I recently decided to venture into SRB2 modding with something simple; adding in new player color palettes (like featured in SRB2Riders/Kart), reordering them into a spectrum, and unlocking use of the "Yellow" color palette in Match games. How would I do this?

unlocking use of the "Yellow" color palette in Match games. How would I do this?

I'm not really sure what you mean by unlocking the colors. Usually in Match Mode you can switch to color yellow in match and all the other colors.

And in Srb2Riders and Kart the palette are most likely hard-coded, which can be hard to get if you dont know what your doing.

Last edited:
What I mean is allowing one to select the Yellow color in all multiplayer modes, since I heard on the Wiki that for the purpose of being able to distinguish players from players that underwent Super Transformation.

I know how the colors are assigned to a number from 0 to 255 and there are a maximum of 16 colors per palette.

Well I mean why would you want to change colors for all multiplayer modes? how would changing colors in CTF (or team match) work if you dont know who's on your team? I can understand Co-op and Race and all the others but CTF or Team Match... I don't know how that will work.

And what's the wiki page your looking at?

Last edited:
Yeah, adding new character skin colors requires editing the source code. No other way around it I'm afraid.

If you do actually try doing that mind, you'd have to watch out for the max limit of 32 for vanilla SRB2 with the space provided (because of stuff for netgame packets that are sent/received I think?), though I remember hearing Zarro managed to change this for SRB2 Kart IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back