Need help with SRB2 Doom Builder

Have you made a map in SRB2 Doom Builder?

• Yup!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's SRB2 Doom Builder?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to follow the instructions RIGHT NOW.I don't get SRB2 Doom Builder.Also,when I try to put it in the SRB2 Doom Builder file,it says'No archives found in selected files and folders.'

Press F5 to bring up the configuration, go under files, select Sonic Robo Blast 2, then set the IWAD with the little box to srb2.srb.

That tutorial's for normal DB, so there are one or two differences. In particular, you don't need srb2edit.cfg. But you do need to point SRB2DB to your IWAD, which the tutorial will guide you through.

Umm.. I am sort of new at srb2 doom builder and when I start a test level it kills me automaticaly by fall in a hole death please help me

Please help

Ok heres what happens
1# I make a level
#2 I test it as singuler sonic
#3 But when it loads me into the game i stand on the ground and i get killed autmaticaly

Please help

Thank you

Uhh, you probably killed yourself due to stupidity, sector types 5 and 16 can do that. Also, sector heights of 0 can do that, too.

Oogaland said:
That tutorial's for normal DB, so there are one or two differences. In particular, you don't need srb2edit.cfg. But you do need to point SRB2DB to your IWAD, which the tutorial will guide you through.

I'm lazy, I know. :p

Yeah, I started using DB before the tutorial existed...which makes sense, since I made it </plug> so a lot of stuff feels second nature to me, which is why I haven't gotten around to changing stuff around for SRB2DB additions. I'm working on it, but well, I'm Captain Procrastination. Along with 90% of this place ^_~

Every time I download SRB2 DB and start it it says error 424 in object configuration object required.
How do I get past that?

shadix said:
Every time I download SRB2 DB and start it it says error 424 in object configuration object required.
How do I get past that?
Did you download the version with the installer? You need to the first time you install it.

shadix said:
Yeah, and I installed it in the same folder as the DB but it just won't work.
It won't work if you install it in the same folder as normal Doom Builder, because their configuration files are not compatible with one another. The installer will see that builder.cfg already exists, and not overwrite it, so when it goes looking for some SRB2DB-specific config options, you get that error. You need to install it in a different folder. I don't actually think I spelled that out in the documentation anywhere, so I'll make a note to add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back