Ban System Revamp and Rules Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, but this limit is going to affect the voting posts as well as the main post of the OLDC and in need the space for voting.

Trust me guys. I have no fucken clue Why AJ did this. This is the stupidest thing that he has ever done honestly. I agree with all of you personally. When I had to report this problem, I had to use a text file to do it and according to AJ, Moderators and Administrators are not affected, but he is dead wrong.

No clue, Uber Shell. We are discussing about it in the Staff Lounge. I know there has to be some changes. 1024 characters is way too little.

That's good to know. Thank you for being a voice for us. I can't speak for everyone, but I am grateful. Good luck, and again, thanks!

I think AJ removed the limit now. Now you won't need to worry about the amount of characters in one post, just as long as its within the rules.

*Uber Shell thoroughly reads the rules and FAQ again*

Not as far as I can see.

EDIT: Scratch that. Double posting WOULD be considered a violation if it is spam. For instance:

Post #1: Help me. I have a this problem with my WAD.

Post #2: Anyone?

Post #3: PLEASE!!!

Of course, I'm just using logic here. I'm not a moderator or an administrator, so I can't say for sure.

Wow. First the changes with the releases forum and now THIS?!

You guys are on a roll. Thanks, this could improve the MB.

Yes, rules are an important part of civilized activity, and so is the consequences of violating them. It is very relieving to see progress in such a vital part of the boards.

Indeed. Foolish and incompetent rules are a threat to society, such as the laws against ROMs and some other computer related things. But, I cannot detect any such rules here.

If you own the original, you should be able to have them. For instance, my Genesis is extremely delicate. After all, it's older than me! Barely tapping it will make it freeze. If ROMs were legal, I could have ROMs of my old Genesis games. Oh, and don' t say, "Just get a remake or buy it on the Wii's virtual console!" because:

1. I have some obscure games that most likely won't be ported

2. The Wii's virtual console requires me to BUY it, even though I own it on the Genesis

But, the rules state not to discuss such things, so let's just forget this and continue to discuss the Forum's rules.

I am aware. I never said I had them, now did I?

But seriously, going off topic isn't a good thing to do on a rules topic, now is it?

I wasn't distributing them. I am just saying I dislike that particular law. Now, let's just drop the subject. ROMs are illegal. I wish they weren't. End of story. I was just giving an example of a rule (or in this case, law) I believe to be worthless.

He's not saying you have roms and/or are distributing roms. Also, as far as I know, it's only illegal to link to roms on this forum, not to discuss them.

Just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back