SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Tails CD Details »»
Tails CD
Developer Last Online: Dec 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (9 votes - 4.44 average)
Released: 01-28-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 6
Characters

I think everyone already knows what this is about.
*shrug*

Yeah, some Tails sprite rehaul, with slight gameplay changes such as the flight physics based on Sonic CD / 3.
I've put a lot of work in it, even if it could be better in some points, I believe, but, this aside, I hope you guys enjoy this! =P

Download Now

File Type: rar tailsCD.rar (253.5 KB, 7564 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 02-22-2016   #22
MetalKnux101
Iron Claws

It doesn't matter what order you add them, it screws up either way.
MetalKnux101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016   #23
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

More or less, just play with one or the other until Lat' decides to change the spritename and SOC states
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016   #24
"Lat'"
Stop it

Here comes what will probably be the last update for that thing.

-Some sprites got a few changes, don't expect major changes making it better though;
*Standing side angle shoes have been made longer; as well as in many other side angles such as flying and swimming.
*The shading on the muzzle of most front-side angled frames is gone.
*Yawning front side and side angles have been fixed a bit so they are more consistant.
*Various tiny changes in the walking animation
*Side spinning sprites have been fixed so they look less like garbage.
*Got rid of a good part of the useless antialiasing that was left of Vanilla Tails. (seriously, remove it if you keep him for 2.2 guys, it doesn't look ok for most of the frames with bright colors!)
*The flight panic / grabbing sprites have been reworked to be more visible from back angles.
Spoiler: I mean, don't lie, 99% of you didn't even know this was a thing rofl

-Renamed the spindash frames and changed things in the Lua so it won't conflict with Shadow's when both characters are added in a game.

-The flight boost has been nerfed while underwater. It still allows you to fly a bit faster than you can walk.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016   #25
Elyos03

Lat, how did you make the Spindash work on Tails? Making the Spindash work on it is so hard...
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016   #26
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

The custom spindash has it's own lua coding and soccing. The sprites are registered through SOC (which can also be done in lua) and the lua not only calls the sprites, but it also creates the spindash's action, as said in the last topic you might want to use the wiki to learn how to mess with SOC and lua. (Also didn't Red tell you you needed permission?)
Old 03-08-2016   #27
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Also didn't Red tell you you needed permission?
Yes. And now i need permission.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

We really wish that Tails CD Sprites are in 2.2!

#KILOMETERSFOR2.2
Old 03-08-2016   #28
toaster
トースタちゃん

Your first question is not asking permission, it is asking how. If you wanted permission to reuse it, you should have stated that in the first place.

Also, this thread probably needs a permanent link to this.
Old 03-08-2016   #29
NotablyPrettyCrazy
Fool or Clown?

I do appreciate that Lat' tried to make the sprites better a bit, shows that he does care atleast a little about it after releasing it.

As for some fans saying that "This should be included 2.2" however, they really aren't helping their case. Being so vocal about it, and an easy way to get devs to dislike a certain thing, i had noticed, is agreeing with the opposite of their beliefs(Pretty much the start to every arguement in the world nowadays, isn't it?). All the while Lat' seems to be trying to remove some of the faults that existed since release, such as the sprite edits in this update, and removing the multi-name thing of "Kilometers" and "Tails CD" and sticking to just "Tails CD", since it is shorter to type(And if that ain't enough, how about T-CD or just CD), while "Kilometers" both sounds like Tails' long lost cousin from a fanfic, and apparently, only SEGA has the unspoken/invisible right to make a "Unit Per Hour" pun, probably because of the point i mentioned before this one.

Did try to alter the shading on a front-side frame a bit in my spare time though(before this stealth-update came out), all the while still not knowing which if the original or my edit looks better:
Spoiler:
NotablyPrettyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016   #30
Elyos03

If you guys tell me that i have to get permission, i will. Can i have permission to use the Spindash Lua?
Old 03-08-2016   #31
"Lat'"
Stop it

If you so badly want the permission to use the spindash, you're knocking on the wrong door.

The person who made the script is RedEnchilada. As for the sprite shape and such, if you don't have your own graphics, you will have to ask MotorRoach. And, using PMs, not by making a thread.

Also;
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Then again, I never did TailsCD for it to be in 2.2, so, I'm not gonna try to throw a reason for one thing from it to be in 2.2 vanilla if the devs already decided against it because I seriously don't care at all. So, er, close that debate, it's already a lost cause. Thanks.
I would be really grateful for this. The more you ask for it in 2.2, the more it's burried by the next post stating each and every flaw all over again. (well at least we all know them now!)
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016   #32
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Using offical artwork for reference is one of your main goals, or you can always use Jeck Jim's model, especially since it recently got updated.

Last edited by Arcade Gamer; 03-20-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #33
Elyos03

Shouldn't you make him a replacement wad for Vanilla Tails?
Old 04-29-2016   #34
CowboyJoseph64
why does this account exist

No, the devs said TailsCD wasn't good enough or something, because it was worse in some aspects... tails will stay the same in 2.2.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #35
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJoseph64 View Post
No, the devs said -
The developers? They Murilo was talking about making this into a Wad which replaces Tails in 2.1 instead of adding a new skin/character.

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 04-29-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #36
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwip-Zwap Zapony View Post
The developers? They were talking about making this into a Wad which replaces Tails in 2.1 instead of adding a new skin/character.
Stop spewing crap as if you know what you're talking about.

(Inazuma received an infraction for this post: No flaming.)

Last edited by Inazuma; 04-29-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Inazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #37
CowboyJoseph64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwip-Zwap Zapony View Post
The developers? They were talking about making this into a Wad which replaces Tails in 2.1 instead of adding a new skin/character.
...I think what speedwagon was TRYING to do was defend me or something, because I meant the SRB2 developers, not Lat.
speedwagon probably could've been nicer about it though. :V
Old 04-29-2016   #38
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

...Sorry, I think I know where the confusion came from. I used the term "they" as a singular pronoun for someone of unknown-to-me gender (Murilo). Probably shouldn't have used "they" in that context right after saying "the developers".
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016   #39
CowboyJoseph64

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay, had to read that a few times to get it. Yeah, he should just make it change tails instead of creating a new entry in the character select. At the time of me posting, I don't think murlio mentioned wads.

Last edited by CowboyJoseph64; 04-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2016   #40
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJoseph64 View Post
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay, had to read that a few times to get it. Yeah, he should just make it change tails instead of creating a new entry in the character select. At the time of me posting, I don't think murlio mentioned wads.
Yeah. Shouldn't this wad be a replacement for Vanilla Tails instead of being an new Character?
Old 04-30-2016   #41
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

This was just discussed... A few posts ago... A few months ago... No, Murilo, No.