vgm.wad my first character wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

v.g.m.

Ok so this is a wad I have been working on for a while.

He is armed with 4 random taunts one is even an impersonation of mario XD.

He also has 1 of the new powers featured in 1.09.3.8 so he can run on water if you maintain a certain speed .

He also fly's so yeah.

No download is complete with out a screen shot
vgmscreenshot.jpg

But oh my whats this a super ultra blurry video of the wad turn your volume up if you watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLo3lhetzuE

and yeah here is the download.
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=9237bfd69baeaf504557e26aa5d61d82

Keep it in mind it's my first wad at least its not another sonic recolor. Yeah here is all the hand drawn sprites it took me forever. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/samvgm/vgmsprites.png

1-up helped a bit by debuging adding a sign and life box realy helped ;).

Well my next goal is to make a level i bet its harder than makeing a character.

For your first character wad, it seems too.....ordinary. At least it ain't a Sonic recolour.

Geez, I don't even know how to make these Character WADs..... I'm a level freak

TheDarkArchon said:
Reminds me of that wee ball dude that Abby chainsawed in Pokemon Soccer. (Can't remember his name off the top of my head)

I know...me niether...Though, I'm leading towards "JMLouis"...

He only has arm's though...

You know, both of them using co-op makes a functiong person.

Levels are actually a bit easier and take a bit less time depeneding on how hard you work.

Why did you make this peice of garbage?

I mean, there's no way you can say it isn't. It's something you did in 3 seconds with paint. V_V

The funny thing is that pollution is just water that is programmed to damage and look bad, so "runonwater = 1" means...

EVERYTHING is being overused now...
I miss it when the ability to make a character skin was a gift, and not a n00b-representation...

DarkWarrior: you and other people complain about all these crappy characters, well if you don't like them and can't make GOOD criticism, then just **** off.

Sonic recolors are unoriginal, and stupid.
And they're almost always poorly done.
I've only ever seen one good one, and that's Senku's updated wad.

And as far as THIS one goes...You can't say I'm wrong. =P

The fact is: I am outright honest with my opinions. I'm not going to hide it with false optimism. I Do, in fact, comment when I see a good design. But they're few and far between.

Is this an attempt at flaming the Sonic recolors, or just halting them all together...?

Either way, I doubt that would ever stop them. Everyone thinks that their recolor is original...

Zeshiro said:
Either way, I doubt that would ever stop them. Everyone thinks that their recolor is original...

Which is of course, why more and more criticism of them can't hurt.

Zeshiro said:
Is this an attempt at flaming the Sonic recolors, or just halting them all together...?

Hating them all in general. There are a very few that work. But I'm getting off-topic.

Yes, this character is original, and the idea of a Pac-Man style character isn't bad...But this was poorly executed. In fact, that's mild. It's outright junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back