Why's SRB2 1.1 Source Private?

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb21103 said:
It should be 1.10, not 1.1

{MATH NAZI TIME!!!!}

1.1 = 1.10

If a decimal ends in 0 the zero is usually dropped off, unless it is needed for consistancy in the decimal places.
{/MATH NAZI TIME!!!!}

Chaos Knux said:
srb21103 said:
It should be 1.10, not 1.1

{MATH NAZI TIME!!!!}

1.1 = 1.10

If a decimal ends in 0 the zero is usually dropped off, unless it is needed for consistancy in the decimal places.
{/MATH NAZI TIME!!!!}

No it's 1.01 you dolts.

NOW GOOD DAY!

Re: 1.10

srb21103 said:
It is 1.10, because the old SRB2 was 1.09.4.....
AND 1.01 come on! that would be ancient!

1.) Bumping an old thread nobody cares about, why? :(

2.) Why because the old SRB2 is 1.09.4? Decimal rule is that you only use a 0 when there is another number after it, you don't put 5.381000 but you do put 5.3810008.

So I downloaded a version of SRB2 becuase I was on another computer and my Flash Drive got Corrupted, then I bought a new one and re-downloaded SRB2 ad when I played it, you couldn't unlock anything. To make sure, I went through the game as Sonic, got all of the Emeralds and...Nothing Happened. Then I went and got all the Emblems Despite there not being Level Select (Took me 30 minutes to get Sonic's Emblem in GFZ act one withough Super Sonic) and still...nothing happened. And it didn't say the game was modified so...Is it supposed to be that way? And if So, what's the real Version name?

MegamanZero29292 said:
So I downloaded a version of SRB2 becuase I was on another computer and my Flash Drive got Corrupted, then I bought a new one and re-downloaded SRB2 ad when I played it, you couldn't unlock anything. To make sure, I went through the game as Sonic, got all of the Emeralds and...Nothing Happened. Then I went and got all the Emblems Despite there not being Level Select (Took me 30 minutes to get Sonic's Emblem in GFZ act one withough Super Sonic) and still...nothing happened. And it didn't say the game was modified so...Is it supposed to be that way? And if So, what's the real Version name?
First of all make sure you don't have any WADs/SOCs added, or don't use any console commands. If it doesn't work, then you may have a corrupt version.

Cue said:
srb21103 said:
It is 1.10, because the old SRB2 was 1.09.4.....
AND 1.01 come on! that would be ancient!

1.) Bumping an old thread nobody cares about, why? :(

2.) Why because the old SRB2 is 1.09.4? Decimal rule is that you only use a 0 when there is another number after it, you don't put 5.381000 but you do put 5.3810008.

But people like to call SRB2 1.0.9.4 1.9
So calling it 1.1 would confuse people into thinking it was a really old version of SRB2. People might think 1.1 = 1.01

srb21103 said:
But people like to call SRB2 1.0.9.4 1.9
So calling it 1.1 would confuse people into thinking it was a really old version of SRB2. People might think 1.1 = 1.01

That's their problem for calling it the wrong number.

...NOBODY calls version v1.09 1.9. That's outrageous. We aren't going to rename the next version of SRB2 simply because a few morons don't understand the fundamentals to decimals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back