Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanyhead said:
Not if that new star was an old star, a young star; Ristar.
Good one. Say... Isn't he due for a return? After all... What with Werehog and SEGA Superstars Racing?? Wouldn't this be a great time to bring him back?

Zanyhead said:
Not if that new star was an old star, a young star; Ristar.

That's pretty much what the Werehog portions of Sonic Unleashed were inspired by. If Unleashed just had Sonic portions in it, they could have just taken the Werehog parts of Unleashed and put Ristar in it, and all of Unleashed's critics (at least in the Sonic community) would call it brilliant.

There's always Chaos 0.

I mean, the hell is that thing doing anyways? I wouldn't mind it having some spotlight, I'm sure they could make a decent spinoff with that kind of a character.

Blue Warrior said:
There's always Chaos 0.

I mean, the hell is that thing doing anyways? I wouldn't mind it having some spotlight, I'm sure they could make a decent spinoff with that kind of a character.
Yeah right, the only spinoff of a Sonic character they've ever done is Shadow the Hedgehog, and I doubt they'll get any better than that.

Connor said:
Blue Warrior said:
There's always Chaos 0.

Yeah right, the only spinoff of a Sonic character they've ever done is Shadow the Hedgehog, and I doubt they'll get any better than that.

A game with Tails? I see that as a good spin off.

TrueTenguMan said:

Tails' skypatrol
Tails_Skypatrol_Title.jpg

Oh, yes everybody love this spin-off.

But I see what you mean. A game with Tails discovering what his true destiny is... and why he has 2 tails.

That I would buy, not some "Ultimate" life form emo game where Sonic lies saying something like
Sonic said:
I would never be caught dead with guns.
*Super Scope cough cough*

But I am getting off-topic.

My Answer to the topic is..... No

srb2kirbyo said:
But I see what you mean. A game with Tails discovering what his true destiny is... and why he has 2 tails.

Well I don't really see the point to why we should know how he got two tails, and the whole " Finding my true identity" is more generic & overused in terms of story writting, not to mention it WILL be like Shadow The Hedghog's plot.

But I see no actual harm in trying it out. I mean, the archie comics did make him a chosen one to what was known as The Great Harmony.

TrueTenguMan said:
srb2kirbyo said:

Well I don't really see the point to why we should know how he got two tails, and the whole " Finding my true identity" is more generic & overused in terms of story writting, not to mention it WILL be like Shadow The Hedghog's plot.

But I see no actual harm in trying it out. I mean, the archie comics did make him a chosen one to what was known as The Great Harmony.

Yea, you are right. My story does sounds Shadow the hedgehog-ish.
But I think more buyers would go for Tails game than a Sonic recolor .

srb2kirbyo said:
TrueTenguMan said:

Tails' skypatrol

That I would buy, not some "Ultimate" life form emo game where Sonic lies saying something like
Sonic said:

There is Aslo Tails Adventure

Biospark said:
srb2kirbyo said:
TrueTenguMan said:

Tails' skypatrol

Sonic said:

There is Aslo Tails Adventure
Exactmundo. And what can I say for that game? It deserves a remake. It IS the best Sonic title you could find for the Game Gear. It gave the little guy one of the greatest quests that I'll never forget.

They are unlikely to run out buisness. They come up with too much different ideas or gimmicks for Sonic games to go out of buisness. As pointed out earlier they other games they could use to make money.

Daywalker said:
They are unlikely to run out buisness. They come up with too much different ideas or gimmicks for Sonic games to go out of buisness. As pointed out earlier they other games they could use to make money.
Yeah with half baked gimmicks that no one with the smarts to reckognize good game design could give a crap about.

Seriously, let's face facts. SEGA will never cancel Sonic because with as generic as Sonic gets, his fanboys/fangirls will still eat up this bullcrap no matter how bad it gets. And those groups have numbers too large to be possible. It scares me how many mindless sheep are in the fanbase. Heck, they refer to Sonic X as a good show.

I'm sorry... Am I being too harsh to people? I'll put it nicely:
The modern game fanbase doesn't care about quality. They just care if Sonic's face on it.

Oops that was still too harsh... Forget it. More importantly, can anyone see my point?

P.S. The fanbase on SEGA forums let me down. I present my opinion but just because it's different they attack me. Heck, I apologized to them for harsh behavior but since I continued to express my opinion they still jumped down my throat! What gives?! By the way, the proof of my new realization about the fanbase annd SEGA in a whole. http://forums.sega.com/search.php?searchid=332668 My new messages from the present at SEGA. Read. Your interest I might catch.

Django Urikashima said:
If Sonic is Dropped from Sega, I seriously hope Nintendo takes him.

I mean, call it irony, but I had the most fun playing Sonic in a game that wasn't made by Sega.

OMFG I was thinking the same thing.Maybe, Sonic Team and sega should go to nintendo.I mean come on!!!!.Think of it...SuperSmashUni!Er..No.But hey If nintendo takes sonic team then I'll be freakin wield!

Might Kill the topic.

I might kill the topic,But Dont you think it will be cool If Sonic Team And Sonic Team junior combine O.O(Not talking about selling Srb2 -.-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back