Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jellybones69 said:
Sega is not going to cancel Sonic, so stop discussing it. He's what makes them money, and everyone knows that.

If they keep making Sonic games really bad like they have for the past 9 or so years, then yeah, he is going to die.

XAlted said:
Jellybones69 said:
Sega is not going to cancel Sonic, so stop discussing it. He's what makes them money, and everyone knows that.

If they keep making Sonic games really bad like they have for the past 9 or so years, then yeah, he is going to die.

The most powerful word in this statement is "if". I can't tell the future, but maybe they'll pull Cream out of their hat (get it? Cream? Rabbit?) *shot*

SEGA knows it'd be rather bad if they did, because if they did, I'm almost certain that several fans'd try do something...... unnecessary in an attempt to get it back. It's happened before, just not for video games.......

Connor said:
SEGA knows it'd be rather bad if they did, because if they did, I'm almost certain that several fans'd try do something...... unnecessary in an attempt to get it back. It's happened before, just not for video games.......
Thats really not their problem. If the ignorant die hard fans threaten to commit suicide cause sonic went "poof" it's because they are messed up in the head for a fictional game character.

So if Sega yields to those threats, it goes to show that the fanbase controls sega. ((or already does....))

The mere idea that a large corporation would (even hypothetically) yield to a decision that would lose them thousands of dollars to prevent butt-hurt fanboys attempting self-harm is laughable.

Jellybones69 said:

Yes, but Sonic games are worst every version. Nothing better than STH 1 (and SRB2)

marcsancessoftware said:
Jellybones69 said:

Yes, but Sonic games are worst every version. Nothing better than STH 1 (and SRB2)

They don't care, they still make money off it.

marcsancessoftware said:
Jellybones69 said:

What about Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3. Eh?

Sonnarkku said:
marcsancessoftware said:
Jellybones69 said:

What about Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3. Eh?
Bold = ignored in this post

Those are the exceptions.

Bigboi said:
Why is there a 10 page thread about a question with an obvious, one word answer?

Tch...Watch this be like 10 pages longer with newbies posting pointless posts.

But yea, you got a point. As long as the money comes by the barrel full, Sonic stays. Business in a nutshell.

TrueTenguMan said:
Sonnarkku said:
TrueTenguMan, Sonic Unleashed is fast plataforming and even has 2D areas.

Emphasis on fast my friend. But thats not the Original formula mind you.

Objection!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsU85P2hTY

As you can clearly see on this stage, it contains alot of plataforming, that the guy did not knew how to play the game right doesn´t mean that it can´t show all of the plataforming it has, focus on all of the floating areas there are, the shortcut rails, all is well balanced and even has moving plataforms like the ones seen in Marble Garden Act 2, this is the Act 2 of Jungle Joyride, and there are many other plataforming stages I could show to proof it´s plataforming, but I just need this proof this to make clear my statement, Sonic Unleashed may not be ALL plataforming but nearly half of the daytime game contains full-2D areas wich are based on jumping from some place to another, dodging obstacles, there are even stages where falling from a plataform would kill you, and if this is not plataforming then I don´t know what it is. That´s All.

Sonnarkku said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Sonnarkku said:

Objection!

As you can clearly see on this stage, it contains alot of plataforming, that the guy did not knew how to play the game right doesn´t mean that it can´t show all of the plataforming it has, focus on all of the floating areas there are, the shortcut rails, all is well balanced and even has moving plataforms like the ones seen in Marble Garden Act 2, this is the Act 2 of Jungle Joyride, and there are many other plataforming stages I could show to proof it´s plataforming, but I just need this proof this to make clear my statement, Sonic Unleashed may not be ALL plataforming but nearly half of the daytime game contains full-2D areas wich are based on jumping from some place to another, dodging obstacles, there are even stages where falling from a plataform would kill you, and if this is not plataforming then I don´t know what it is. That´s All.

The original formula's platforming relied on its pinball physics and momentum based gameplay, not bare-bone platforming that can be applied to any basic platformer.

Truth be told, Sonic IS all about speed. It's what his entire character revolves around. Without his speed being applied to the games, you might as well just label them as Mario clones.

XAlted said:
Sonnarkku said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Sonnarkku said:

Objection!

The original formula's platforming relied on its pinball physics and momentum based gameplay, not bare-bone platforming that can be applied to any basic platformer.

Truth be told, Sonic IS all about speed. It's what his entire character revolves around. Without his speed being applied to the games, you might as well just label them as Mario clones.

And we all know that SEGA's just been slowing him down game after game. Some of his animations in recent games don't even make him LOOK fast. I mean, even if it is simply to make the game more fair, look what the did to Sonic in Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games!

XAlted said:

This is true. Sonic Unleashed makes use of level layouts reminiscent of the old games, but that's where the relation ends for the most part. The biggest part of their differences is that speed is simply granted and not based on momentum, whereas in the old games, speed must be achieved by making good use of the level layout. Speed was also more satisfying due to the mechanics of Sonic 2, 3, and Knuckles' physics, not just because it's earned, but also because you can make some pretty incredible leaps and jumps across the levels by jumping at angled ground while going really fast, not to mention similar techniques. S3&K's Ice Cap's secret area of rings is an excellent example of the old games' good use of speed, and you can also skip the section in Chemical Plant where water rises by taking the boost pad before the section and jumping at the right moment. Try it some time.

This is only half correct. The original formula was NOT all about speed. It's a large factor that defines it from other series, but the real key to the old Sonic games was its mechanics and the level design, the individuality and challenge of it, and how it plays in with the speed element. Hell, read up on Sonic Science and you'll see what I mean.

Blue Warrior said:
XAlted said:

This is true. Sonic Unleashed makes use of level layouts reminiscent of the old games, but that's where the relation ends for the most part. The biggest part of their differences is that speed is simply granted and not based on momentum, whereas in the old games, speed must be achieved by making good use of the level layout. Speed was also more satisfying due to the mechanics of Sonic 2, 3, and Knuckles' physics, not just because it's earned, but also because you can make some pretty incredible leaps and jumps across the levels by jumping at angled ground while going really fast, not to mention similar techniques. S3&K's Ice Cap's secret area of rings is an excellent example of the old games' good use of speed, and you can also skip the section in Chemical Plant where water rises by taking the boost pad before the section and jumping at the right moment. Try it some time.

This is only half correct. The original formula was NOT all about speed. It's a large factor that defines it from other series, but the real key to the old Sonic games was its mechanics and the level design, the individuality and challenge of it, and how it plays in with the speed element. Hell, read up on Sonic Science and you'll see what I mean.
Extremely totaly agreed. Aslo if sega would cancel sonic, they should make a new star or sega would fail alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back