My first boss map: sc_operationsroom.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Shadow

I can think with portals.
Hi!

I did to make my first boss map (with a Thok Barrier, it's the first time I did to add it! O_o). Well, some screenshots:

srb20936lq3.png

Why Red Colormap? For alarm...

srb20937ko7.png

Watch out! Eggman is here with his stupids friends!

srb20938cv0.png

Oh my...This Crawla Commander want to kill our hero!

srb20939rn8.png

Run Sonic! Run for your life! Go on this spring!

srb20940xt9.png

This screen show some stupids informations...

And now, it's time for download link!
CLICK HERE!

I know, it's maybe easy, but it's my first boss map, so...

About this wad. All I can say is.

- It's a 5 - 10 minute job. All there is in there is a flashing cramped room with a teleport. The rings are undeafed, with a 1up, and a swarm of enemies with Eggman in. I think more time could of been spent here making this map. Have you seen the wiki for ideas? map rating: 2/10

Read and understand... wait, I think I stole someone's catchphrase! Oh cra- *killed by Jazz*

Anyway, I won't download this because it doesn't really look like a good level to me. Too many enemies and so... bland as hell! Rings undeafed, level very cramped, looks like a quick job to do... too quick, in fact.

And worst of all, ne-ver - e-ver - rel-ease - a - first - or - what-e-ver - le-vel - un-less - it's - not - cra-ppy! EX-TER-MI-NATE! (Jesus Christ, I think I'm turning into a Dalek... oh wait, I am one.)

You sir, have lost 9001 points from your karma. Bye-bye!

Ugh, how about criticism that's constructive? Just linking to the wiki, followed by some insults will not tell him how to make the level better. If anything, it probably makes this person want to read the wiki even less.
Now, I can't give criticism on this level due to the fact that I haven't played it yet. Nor do I want to. I usually tend to draw away from boss stages when released on their own...

He did read the wiki, give him a little credit...

But still, I'll test this as soon as I can tear away from SMO.

I cannot rate this because this is a first time but like everybody said, take away some enemies and do you know how to float/deaf the rings?

I see the other comments.

Dark Metal said:
I cannot rate this because this is a first time but like everybody said, take away some enemies and do you know how to float/deaf the rings?

And it's not just that either. Did you see the comments about the level design at all? =/

Boss levels are bad first starts. So are Greenflower Remixes, play with the texture set a little, and try to make a level witout using any Greenflower textures. Try a simple match map or a simple singleplayer level, we could help you improve on those, but not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back