SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll just be riding on a board, I think. If Sonic's riding on a board and as Metal Sonic is basically a carbon copy of his organic counterpart, then why the hell not?

Metal sonic on an air board sounds like a good idea. but if you made him would it be faster then sonic (like in SA2) or the same speed?

SonicTheDalek said:
Most likely the same speed, but we would see about that.

Considering all the characters right now (albeit acceleration and level up) are the same speed, he would be.

Also with him being the "carbon copy" then why not have him face the other direction to Sonic, make it look a lot doppelgänger-y?

Code for holding an item behind you instead of hovering around you:

Solution;
Code:
fixed_t P_ReturnThrustX(mobj_t *mo, angle_t angle, fixed_t move)
{
	(void)mo;
	angle >>= ANGLETOFINESHIFT;
	return FixedMul(move, FINECOSINE(angle));
}
fixed_t P_ReturnThrustY(mobj_t *mo, angle_t angle, fixed_t move)
{
	(void)mo;
	angle >>= ANGLETOFINESHIFT;
	return FixedMul(move, FINESINE(angle));
}

Source SRB2109FLAME

Original;
Code:
		else if (!(twodlevel || (player->mo->flags2 & MF2_TWOD))) // In 3D, make the item slightly in front of you
		{
			pickup->x = mo->x + pickup->momx + P_ReturnThrustX(mo, mo->angle, mo->radius*3);
			pickup->y = mo->y + pickup->momy + P_ReturnThrustY(mo, mo->angle, mo->radius*3);
			pickup->z = mo->z + 40*FRACUNIT;
		}

Modified to fit your code;
Code:
		if (mariomode && <Have_an_item>)
		{
			<item>->x = mo->x - <item>->momx - P_ReturnThrustX(mo, mo->angle, mo->radius*3);
			<item>->y = mo->y - <item>->momy - P_ReturnThrustY(mo, mo->angle, mo->radius*3);
			<item>->z = mo->z;
		}

Of course the <item> would have to be filled in for whatever check is used in your code.
HOPEFULLY this will work.

Here's a finished sprite of Metal Sonic Rider, with more to come.

ridrj7pk5.png

Now bite my blue plated @$$! *explodes*

EDIT: MOAR!!!

ridra3fv1.png
ridra7lh1.png

Hi,I'm new on the forum.I downloaded SRB2 for long time,I think it's a work of master,congratulations!
I would like know why sonic is in 3D on a few screenshots of SRB2Riders,it's not in this game!And I will not search in this 162 pages...

PS:Sorry if I make mistakes,I'm french!

He's 3D because it's in OpenGL. You can play SRB2 in OpenGL through the SRB2 Launcher, or in the case of SRB2 Riders, the launcher that comes with it.

Go here for it, and some skins. The model and skins must have the same name if you want the model to work. You can only have one skin with the same name as the model though.

So I just need to save extra skins and place them in the folder: MD2.dat placed in the SRB2 folder,and name the extra skins with the same name that the wads correspondents then run the game with openGL?It doesn't work,the skins are in 2d...

Since you have the most recent Riders version, here's what you do:

Open SRB2Riders Launcher.exe, go to Options, select OpenGL as the Video Mode, and select the MD2 radio button. Since you don't have RIDR.png included, then you should also select the Wizardrider option. They are next to the Video Mode list, and above the Music and SFX list.

To turn MD2 models on manually, when SRB2 is already running on OpenGL, then open the Console with ~, and type GR_MD2 ON. Again, without RIDR.png, you won't be able to see the model. So type ADDFILE WIZARDRIDER.WAD. It's simply easier to use the Launcher that I made.

Also, if you have the models on, you can only play as Sonic. The game is limited, as there isn't a way to have more than one character model. So if you want to stop playing as Sonic, but wizardrider was added, then open the Console, and turn the models off by typing GR_MD2 OFF.

Flame, thanks for that. I'll save that code and try it out.

And SonicTheDalek, those sprites look nice. And since you're working with Metal Sonic, a floating character, then you shouldn't worry about all the mess of adding the board to all the Walking frames. Just one thing, though.
ridra3fv1.png

My guess is that his hand has a magnet, since he's not grabbing the board.

Well, that is one reason I am making Metal Sonic as a Riders character is, as Chaos Zero 64 has pointed out, that he'll be easy to do since he doesn't normally walk like other characters do. Another reason is that he's one of my favourite characters. Also, since he's a robot, I don't think it really matters whether or not he is grabbing the board or just using a magnet.

Speaking of Metal Sonic, I've made a couple of walking frames. I'm just doing the side sprites first but diagonals will come later.

ridrb3zz3.png
ridrb7uo9.png

Also, I might need a couple of ripped voiceovers from any game he has appeared in where he talks, as all characters in SRB2 Riders seem to have that.

Put update times on the CZ64 page, please. I'd rather not search the pages for signs of an update.

I am tired of searching though this topic for updates. CZ64, you could get a group blog and post updates there. That would be cleaner and more organized then this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back