The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean, Salvador Dali's The Persistence of Memory? Yeah, Discord has been pulling a Dali Effect throughout the entire storyline. I honestly will miss it.

Dammit. Of course they had to finish it up within 2 episodes.

Oh, by the way, interesting observation made on Sonic Retro's topic:

Vantoggle on Retro said:
Celebrity cameos are nothing new to cartoons, really. I also don't think most little girls will even notice the connection.

If I had any criticisms, it would be about the fast pacing and the typical story driven lunacy. (Why did you leave the planet tearing evil force in your sculpture garden in plain sight exactly?) Of course this is due to the 45-minuet restraint. Discord is just too big for a 22 minuet timeslot.

The one thing that piqued my interest was that snarky comment towards Celestia about turning ponies into stone. Woman, do you just embalm and stuff all of your enemies in your back yard like plastic flamingos? Unless of course those horse statues were your friends….

In fact, it kind of makes me want Discord back in power. I'm just saying. Celestia kind of deserved a taste of her own medicine in this episode, but even Discord wouldn't go that far. It really begs the question if the Ponies should have saved the poor, Capitalist run world to sell toys to little girls.

Boy, I'm being cynical over an enjoyable little girl's show. This world of ours must REALLY be taking a toll on me.

Last edited:
I think you're misinterpreting that quote. No one ever said the rest of those pony statues were actually real ponies once. Discord was just set up there as a reminder to Equestria of what they could become. When I heard of it, I took it as an intended snark at her, to make himself seem harmless.

In fact, it kind of makes me want Discord back in power. I'm just saying. Celestia kind of deserved a taste of her own medicine in this episode, but even Discord wouldn't go that far. It really begs the question if the Ponies should have saved the poor, Capitalist run world to sell toys to little girls.

What.

A taste of her own medicine? And what medicine would this be? Celestia and Luna were the ones who petrified Discord, and brought harmony to Equestria, so that the residents could choose to live lives that had sense and purpose. Then, when Luna got jealous, and threatened Equestria once more, Celestia had to banish her to preserve the peace. But when Luna repented, Celestia forgave her. Again, what medicine? The medicine of proper justice, and care for "Her Little Ponies"?

Sure, Discord was funny, and he made those episodes great, but he was most definitely the bad guy. There's really no getting around it.

What.

A taste of her own medicine? And what medicine would this be? Celestia and Luna were the ones who petrified Discord, and brought harmony to Equestria, so that the residents could choose to live lives that had sense and purpose. Then, when Luna got jealous, and threatened Equestria once more, Celestia had to banish her to preserve the peace. But when Luna repented, Celestia forgave her. Again, what medicine? The medicine of proper justice, and care for "Her Little Ponies"?

Sure, Discord was funny, and he made those episodes great, but he was most definitely the bad guy. There's really no getting around it.

Explain why we didn't see Luna. Explain why Celestia didn't help take Discord out with the Mane Six. Because this seems to be pretty suspicious.

62878%20-%20celestia%20spike%20trollestia%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

Whoops. Looks like some cowardly little princess had her knights go out to save the day while she cowered in her tower.

Can't tell if joking or just Greg.

I know, right? I feel an approximate quote from D00D64 on IRC the other day, would be appropriate.

D00D64-X said:
It's pretty bad when you can't tell the difference between honest attempts and trolling

Explain why we didn't see Luna.

Uhhmhmhm... Perhaps because she had no part to play in the story? Besides, she did get a part in the fact that she was mentioned. What, are you trying to say that Celestia petrified her now? Or banished her to the moon again?

Explain why Celestia didn't help take Discord out with the Mane Six. Because this seems to be pretty suspicious.
You're wrong when you say she didn't help them. It was only her intervention that gave the mane cast the power to defeat Discord. If it hadn't been for her, Twilight never would have received the reminders that brought her back to her senses. Ignoring that, though...

For one, it would have been a pretty lame plot.
"Celestia tosses sun at Discord. Discord dies"

Two, the way it did happen let the Mane Cast learn valuable lessons, which wouldn't have happened if Celestia has just insta-killed Discord. In all truth, the way it was pulled off seemed fake and intentional, like Celestia was just letting the ponies handle it for that specific purpose. That's just my reading into it, though.

So, I enjoyed episode 2 quite a lot.

It was very funny (Chocolate Milk C4s? Sign me up), but goddamn it sent shivers down my spine when the Mane 6(except for Twilight) started to gray out even more. Then it broke my heart when it finally happened to Twilight, and it still makes me feel terrible when I rewatch/see a picture of her like that. Twilight is 2nd best pony now.

Wonderful episode, probably my favorite right now.

Last edited:
Then it broke my heart when it finally happened to Twilight

^That

As much as it broke my heart, I was glad it happened. I was too worried they were going to pull the cliche move, where at the last moment Twilight uses her strength to make everything happy.
When she failed, which was a very realistic outcome, it made me seriously appreciate her character. I was still sad anyways. ;~;
I was quite happy then, when it was only with Celestia's reminding of the lessons she had learned that she managed to accomplish anything at all.

Throughout the episode, the reverse character qualities were done almost perfectly, the only possible exception being Fluttershies brutality. It felt a bit forced at times. The one I liked best was Rarity's greediness. From snatching Apple Jack's harmony necklace, to naming the "gemstone" Tom, they did a pretty awesome job. Rainbow Monochrome Dash flying around on "Cloudsdale" was pretty hilarious too.

Overall, I loved the episode, and it actually exceeded my expectations for it. It's gonna be interesting to see the next episodes. I'm hoping for one having to do with Derpy-Hooves. And of course it would be nice to see one involving Dr. Whooves, but I highly doubt that will happen.

In other news... Would anyone

chocolatemilkofglass.png

The one I liked best was Rarity's greediness. From snatching Apple Jack's harmony necklace, to naming the "gemstone" Tom, they did a pretty awesome job.

I had to rewatch the first mentioned item about 10 times because the voice actor's delivery of "MINE!" made me cough up a lung from laughter.

Greg The Cat said:
Explain why we didn't see Luna

Cause specific characters that are not planned to be in an episode will not be in that episode. That and there is no conspiracy being put in place here.

The writers simply had no real intention of including Celestia's sister in this episode, or were going to but did have the time during development, hence why they mentioned her briefly. Really now. . . we have a whole season for other ponies to come in, new mythical monsters, and other important characters appearing. Who knows. . .we may get to see Trixie again, or the Diamond Dogs.

Last edited:
^That

As much as it broke my heart, I was glad it happened. I was too worried they were going to pull the cliche move, where at the last moment Twilight uses her strength to make everything happy.
When she failed, which was a very realistic outcome, it made me seriously appreciate her character. I was still sad anyways. ;~;
I was quite happy then, when it was only with Celestia's reminding of the lessons she had learned that she managed to accomplish anything at all.

I was worried about them pulling off something cliche too. Especially after Twilight was the only one who "got off the hook" in the first episode. I think it's impressive that we already knew that Discord was going to lose in the end and everything was going to be a-ok, and that scene still carries such an emotional impact. The situation genuinely felt hopeless.

Throughout the episode, the reverse character qualities were done almost perfectly, the only possible exception being Fluttershies brutality. It felt a bit forced at times. The one I liked best was Rarity's greediness. From snatching Apple Jack's harmony necklace, to naming the "gemstone" Tom, they did a pretty awesome job. Rainbow Monochrome Dash flying around on "Cloudsdale" was pretty hilarious too.

I liked Fluttershy the most, because she pulls off the cruel bitch so well it almost seems natural. Plus she's so quote worthy. "Good boy Angel. Momma's so proud." I like how she's hogtied when Twilight casts the memory spell on her. I think it's safe to assume she put up quite a struggle when Twilight and Applejack showed up (probably not as much as Rainbow Dash did though).

Speaking of Rainbow Dash, that scene where Twilight makes Spike Rainbow Dash is priceless.

"What if she finds out that I've been impersonating her...oh that won't end well."

"Too bad, you're Rainbow Dash."

Now we play the waiting game. Gonna be awhile for Episode 3.

Now we play the waiting game. Gonna be awhile for Episode 3.

This is what I would like to know. Has there been any news on how long it will be? I don't mind a wait, as it will only build more suspense and excitement, but It'd be interesting to know when the release date is.

Is it just me, or is it wrong to smile ear-to-ear when after the rest of the cast started being bitches to Twilight, she became a bitch back?
I especially loved it when she threw Tom out of the window. And she just didn't give much of a damn about what Discord said after finding the Elements

Can't tell if joking or just Greg.

A little of both. I still think we should have seen Luna.

I mean, Celestia makes this huge fucking deal about her and Luna putting Discord away in the statue and yet not one of the two comes to even help take down Discord? And to be frank, with how quickly the Mane Six took down Discord it makes one wonder why he was ever such a threat to begin with. It goes as far as to make you wonder how Celestia & Luna v. Discord even went considering that he seemed me like a Chaotic Idiot than a Chaotic Monster.

The two princesses still have the power to access the Power of Harmony, right? I mean, they're the ones who created them in the first place, right? I'm sorry. I'm an anarchistic, Godless free spirited asshole. It's kind of a specialty of mine to question where the so called "authority" figures could have stepped in yet didn't and why. Oh well....

Back to taking down the Machine instead of wasting my time on this mild capitalist distraction, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back