[Open Assets] Tails has joined from SA2B! [SA2B Tails MD2]

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Hello there people!
You've had SA2B Sonic, now have SA2B Tails!
kByFaVY.png

The size for the MD2 to put in MD2.dat is 3.0 0.0!
Enjoy it, people!

Attachments

• srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,996
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,360
  • SA2TAILS.rar
    199.3 KB · Views: 2,028
Last edited:
Thank you for making this! Now all we need is knuckles, then we will have an SA2B model pack.

EDIT: Are tails' whiskers supposed to be invisible from behind?

Last edited:
Thank you for making this! Now all we need is knuckles, then we will have an SA2B model pack.

EDIT: Are tails' whiskers supposed to be invisible from behind?

Well...The model came like that and I don't know how to fix it.
Also, I'll try to make Knuckles if nobody else does, but there's no model of him that I can find. If someone could give me one, that would be great.

Sorry for that, I did not know that it is the most common website, after all I'm not one for making md2s, but I won't make that mistake again.

I might have an idea. Did you try search for the models from other games?

Maybe you can search for them from mods for games such as SADX, Sonic Blitz games, Grand theft auto, etc.

Well, I'd be able to get only the head and body if I downloaded my SA2 character mod which I uploaded on 4shared, and then use SADX Knux for all the other parts.
Also, I have no programs that can open GTA files, but I could find a model of him on Blitz Sonic and take him out using fragmotion, which is what I THINK is the same thing I did to get the model to make that SA2 characters mod for SADX.

So, I decided to try this md2 out when testing one stage in progress and I have somethings to report.

1.) Try to make his flying animations a bit more, circular. When flying I mostly see his tails in this position:
shot0015_zps8beac82a.png

2.) Tails, when either idle, running, flying, or falling, usually has this little black and red part on his right ear:
shot0018_zps8c189819.png

So, I decided to try this md2 out when testing one stage in progress and I have somethings to report.

1.) Try to make his flying animations a bit more, circular. When flying I mostly see his tails in this position:
shot0015_zps8beac82a.png

2.) Tails, when either idle, running, flying, or falling, usually has this little black and red part on his right ear:
shot0018_zps8c189819.png

1.) I don't know what you mean by more circular.
2.) That's just a texture bug, I can fix that with just a little move of the texture co-ordinates.
EDIT: I hope you know that the flying animations (minus the tired animations) are just 2 frames.
EDIT2: Fixed both points. (Hopefully...I tried it out and I think it's fine now)
EDIT3: Discovered you're only getting that texture problem probably from the resolution you're using. What is that, 640x480?

Last edited:
I was playing it in full screen, but I used /bind . screenshot and took a screenshot of it.

As for the flying, I notice it is 2 frames, but I've seen some Tail's md2s with great flying. When using this md2 it looks as if the tails are being teleported from one side to another.

I was playing it in full screen, but I used /bind . screenshot and took a screenshot of it.

As for the flying, I notice it is 2 frames, but I've seen some Tail's md2s with great flying. When using this md2 it looks as if the tails are being teleported from one side to another.

Did you try the updated one? Also, thats probably because the only Tails MD2s out there are Jeck's ones, where he always puts the circle there while the tails move, so that might be why it looks better, he's a way better MD2 creator/animator than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back