[Open Assets] Skating character animation (RAS.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
Hi everyone, I've decided to updated this Run And Skate wadfile, this is for people who want shadow (or other characters who) to have a skate motion, and normal running characters to keep their running animation.

Info
The skating animation is a little faster and now has sound.
To use this file type in "runsoc skate" in the console, this will make the character look like he/she is running slow/skating. To make a character run again type in the console "runsoc run".

Update
-Now has a faster animation
-Has sound applied

Sound By Chaos Zero
I'd like to thank Monster Iestyn and Prime 2.0 for helping me out.
--------------------------------------------------------
Here is the wad (you will need WinRAR to extract the wadfile): View attachment RunAndSkate.rar

Last edited:
I'm going to make an update for this soc, but I would like some suggestions as to how I should improve it. I going to add sound to his skating pattern as well, and probably edit the image of the character and add some smoke that comes of his skates (When in his running frame).
So, just post any requests and I'll see what I can do.

I suggest the best sound would be the sa2 skating, unless there's no sound for that. In that case, maybe the sound of Sonic 06.

Is this Soc similar to the Srb2rider's 2.0 in shadow rider in foot race? Cause I was just wondering, In the Srb2Rider mod it has the skate sound and how shadow move's like in Sonic Adventure 2.

Last edited:
Is this Soc similar to the Srb2rider's 2.0 in shadow rider in foot race? Cause I was just wondering, In the Srb2Rider mod it has the skate sound and how shadow move's like in Sonic Adventure 2.
The srb2riders shadow has no soc, it just has extra frames. All I have done is slow down the character's leg movement, when this is applied to the shadowre.wad it makes him look like he is skating, when actually he is moving his legs slowly.
However it was srb2riders that gave me an idea, I think I need permission to use the skating sound from chaos zero 64.
If I do get to use this, I will have to release different skate sounds in different skate wads and I'll probably make the animation suit different shadow's from different games.

Oh well it's good to know that then. It would be pretty cool to have sound in the next update, but do you think you can apply it to a character wad without executing the Soc? or having the Soc affecting other characters?

Correction: I mean't to say hardcoded file for shadow's skate not Soc.

Well, to do that I would have to hard code it, I don't think that it can be socced.
Unless you know a way.

I have very little knowledge of Socing. I'm still learning how to but there's alway's a way to make thing's work out. Just throwing out some suggestions not really sure if they help you as much as you wanted.

Last edited:
Not really, no. SOC is very limited and there are lots of things you can't do with it.
Yep, that's true, that's why I can't make the soc apply to one person, unless I hardcode.

(Btw, I'm going to upload another version very soon, so be sure to check this thread.)

EDIT:
Update is done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back