Dreamcast port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't abandoned. In fact, there is actually a port of 2.0.4 to the Dreamcast. It isn't a selfbooting CDI, but it apparently works with a boot disc.

make targets

That sounds awesome. Can I find somewhere here on this site?

nope, until I fix up the SRB2DC.iso/SRB2DC.cdi build targets to be self-booting, there will be no public release of SRB2DC

Can I ask if it is an issue with mkisofs, or maybe the main binary not being scrambled?

Anyways, I look forward to the release, and thanks to all the team members for their hard work on this project. :)

Last edited:
I downloaded, and tested the main binary Alam posted here yesterday.
It didn't work in the Dreamcast I tested in, so I loaded it up in NullDC.

This was the output:
Code:
Compiled for SDL version: 1.2.5
Linked with SDL version: 1.2.5
Setting up SRB2...
Looking for WADs in: SRB2WADDIR,.,/cd,/pc,/pc/home/alam/srb2code/data,HOME, in:/
cd, in:/pc
Error: SRB2.SRB/SRB2.WAD not found! Expected in /, ss files: //srb2.srb and //sr
b2.wad
arch: shutting down kernel
net_unreg_device: 'bba' isn't registered
maple: final stats -- device count = 3, vbl_cntr = 4, dma_cntr = 4
VREG = 03
vid_set_mode: 640x480IL NTSC
VREG = 03
TI , invalidating *TLB
not implemented opcode : 8C00 : Unkown opcode @ 8C00E0A2
Press Any key to continue

I even tried making a copy of the SRB file, and renaming it to a WAD extension with no luck. Seems it can't find the main game file, or the path?

was the wad files placed on the root of ISO9600 filesystem?

KallistiOS

Yes. I assumed it would need to be in the top "cd" root directory.

KallistiOS used in SRB2DC have a few numbers of mounts points
/cd for the CDROM ISO9600 filesystem
/pc for DC-Load connections so it can load files on the Ethernet and serial port
/vmu for VMU access
/ram for fake RAM FS

*Bumps the thread... quietly...

Any chance there has been any progress on a DC revision? Maybe even a bootable image of the version discussed, regardless of the playability (fps, crashes, mod incompatibility) ?

I have a bootable version. It has low FPS and lags, but it works. I don't have the DC keyboard so i can't test certain things on it. :(
Edit: WAIT. 2.0.4 was ported?! Is it uploaded?! Where?

I have a bootable version. It has low FPS and lags, but it works. I don't have the DC keyboard so i can't test certain things on it. :(
Edit: WAIT. 2.0.4 was ported?! Is it uploaded?! Where?

SRB2 was always ported. Just compile it fresh off the SVN

If nobody can do the previous, could someone direct me to the source files? Maybe I can find someone to compile it.

Huh?! The only version for the DC i found was 1.90.2(?) Wait... I know what! The Windows CE folder in the source! Duh! The DC runs off of WinCE! Why didn't i think of it?

Huh?! The only version for the DC i found was 1.90.2(?) Wait... I know what! The Windows CE folder in the source! Duh! The DC runs off of WinCE! Why didn't i think of it?

idiot
dumbass
fail...

Any chance there would be one last update to the Dreamcast port.

It seems it was basically abandoned after the Beta 4 release.

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/SonicRoboBlast2

hello im new here but i would like to say something. i obviosly dont know much about the updates that are going on but wouldnt you want to rather than update it see how well the older versions of SRB2 would run on the dreamcast

i have probobly made spelling mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back