[Open Assets] Alternative Match System (Meleeweapons.soc)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this out, and I'm sorry, but only the bomb ring is at all interesting. And even then, when you strap it onto Knuckles he basically becomes god for all intents and purposes.

If the multijump idea was balanced and turned into a regular character ability, it would probably be a pretty good one.

SRB2 crashes when I use the Photon Shroud and Perfect Thok. Those are the only ones I've tested aside from Zero Shot.

EDIT a day later: WARNING: These only work in srb2win. They DO NOT work in Srb2MFE.

Love the ring scatter. HOWEVER, the rings will keep flying away from you unless shoved into a 90- degree corner. (The minus meaning "90 degrees or less")

Last edited:
This soc(Melee combat)
+Pain failsafe soc(Hit after hit posibility)
+2D map
--------------------
=Possibel fighting game.

Well Automatic Ring is Like a "Chaos Control".
Player didn't see you. And it's making user an little OverPowered.

If you can make Bounce blast you forwards, then (I'm gonna regret this) you should be able to make Rail either teleport at wherever you shoot OR blast you at an even higher speed. I dunno, something of that sort. Also, try changing the autoring sound (if you can, as I know zilch about SOCing) to something more fitting. A buzzing perhaps?
EDIT: You could probably change the rail-ring's trail into something solid that lasted, like, 10 seconds, as if it were some kinda semi-invisible barrier.

Anyways, what I like is that it completely changes SRB2's gameplay, as it makes match loads trickier. If I could make levels, I'd probably do a coop level with this, plus sprite edits to fit the abilities in the same wad.

Neo Chaotikal said:
If the multijump idea was balanced and turned into a regular character ability, it would probably be a pretty good one.
And unbelievably cheap in platforming. In 1.09.4, if you combined double jump and multiability in a character, they got infinity jump, which basically kills a good wodge of the actual difficulty in SRB2.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for bumping and being a n00b, but which part of the SOC relates to Zero Rail? I'd like to integrate it into my WAD. Thanks.

Hey, sorry for bumping and being a n00b, but which part of the SOC relates to Zero Rail? I'd like to integrate it into my WAD. Thanks.
There isn't one. The railring is nothing more than a redring with some hardcoded properties. It's completely impossible to touch it with a SOC.

Also it didn't work anyway, so I'm not sure why it matters.

I think you should turn the zero ring into a speed booster it woad make a lot more fun that way
------------------------
ps. remove the one that scatters the rings its useless
------------------------
darkness is serprem i will destroy you all

I think you should turn the zero ring into a speed booster it woad make a lot more fun that way
Technically the bounce ring's thok effect is like a speed booster. I tested out a speed pad and the way the ground thok works, they're both technically the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back