Bomb-Scouter.wad [A funny, new enemy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

I have been working on this idea for a few days now, and finally it is ready to be presented! :D

So what does it do?
The enemy consists of two objects that has to be placed into the same room:
- the Bomber [MAPTHINGNUM 131]
- the Scouter [MAPTHINGNUM 141]

The Bomber is basically a double canon that keeps shooting at the Scouter with exploding bombs. The Scouter is a fast, not shootable, flying enemy and is based on a buzz. If it notices the player it will immidiately chase after him.
It is fun to dodge the attacks of these two guys and they are quite challenging inside a room with many platforms.

The Bomber is based on the Gargoyle, so that you are able to push it away (or not if deaf-flag is used :wink: ) and let it activate switches, or let it jump from spring to spring, or kill it by threwing it into a death pit... There are many possibilities to use it.

The following DL-link contains a zip-file with the "Bomb-Scouter.wad" itself and the "BS-test.wad". The second wad's function is obvious: it is a small testmap where the new objects and a few other things are placed.
BUT it will only work if you load BOTH wads into srb2.

NEW VERSION
old version
P.S.: The links only work with rightclick + save as!

So what do you say? :mrgreen:

-----> EDIT <-----
If you want to use this in one of your maps, feel free to do so, but make sure to give credit for me and my work. Thank you! ^^

I have actually tried this out, and I myself, am actually impressed by this.

It was funny to have the little Target chase after me and have the machine fire bullets.

The only gripe I had with this, was the fact when the Target touched you, It damages you somehow. And when I jumped, it would hold me in place for some reason.

Other than those things, this SOC was GREAT

Morph said:
"BS-testmap.wad".

He he he....
Anyways, yeah, the Scouter shouldn't be able to damage you. You should also be able to kill it, which it sounds like you can't. Because you can't, it's trying to damage you, but since you're invincible to physical attacks while in the air, it can't, and it just kinda holds you in an attack-invincible-attack loop. It freezes you while it's attacking you and you're invincibling. Er, yeah. Other than that, it sounds like quite a good idea.

UPDATE:

I fixed the Scouter... It is doesn't damage you anymore.

In fact all that makes the different was a change of the flag-value's last number. ^___^

Download the new version in the first post.

Sykotic said:
Found a glitch. The Bombs leave behind a sparkle trail that just sits there. And they damage you.
I don't know what you want to say... :?

I tested it and everything works fine. The bombs leave smoke as a trail behind, but the smoke vanishes. Or do you mean by sparkles the explosion animation? But still there is nothing that "just sits there"...

Explain it a little further, please.

Ah! Now I know what you mean! ^^

Yeah there is an error if you'll add this file during running SRB2JTE. I don't know why it is occuring, but at the place where the bombs explode a damaging spark is left behind.

But there is an easy solution:
Just play the original game if you want this wad to work the way it is supposed to. :wink:

I play JTE because of the Open GL enhancements. Maybe if I ran PrettySRB2?

EDIT- Yep yep, looks just as good, but with no modifications.

Yeah, JTE seems to have a weird glitch with Bomb Rings where it leaves a a little sparkle lying around that hurts when you run into it.

Hm, when I read "Bomb Scouter", the first thing that came to mind was a scouter from DBZ exploding from power levels that are greater than 9000.

...The link isn't working for me...

It says the file is in unknown format or is damaged.

For crying out loud, STOP MAKING IT USE SAVE LINK AS!!!!!!
ACTUALLY HOST THE FILE, OTHERWISE IT'S UN-DOWNLOADABLE!
Use sendspace. Everything else sucks. ESPECIALLY the save link as thing.

WAD master said:

What are you talking about...? The "save target as" is actually easier! All you do is right-click the link and click save target as, and then save it into the SRB2 folder. Maybe it isn't the save target as not working. Maybe it's just expired or something. Save target as is so downloadable. How do you think the people were able to give feedback?

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
WAD master said:

What are you talking about...? The "save target as" is actually easier! All you do is right-click the link and click save target as, and then save it into the SRB2 folder. Maybe it isn't the save target as not working. Maybe it's just expired or something. Save target as is so downloadable. How do you think the people were able to give feedback?

He is using Firefox. The Save Target As button appears on IE only.

No, It appears in firefox too.

I did use save target as, but it didn't download right. It said the file was corrupt.

I just tried it on IE, it wouldn't even let me use "Save target as".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back