• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, you either just barely make it up or you get stuck partway up because collisions are still a bit wonky. Not that it's a good idea to make slopes greater than, say, 45 degrees because of the texture stretching (as displayed by that wall in the gif).

Chrome, CB supported FOFslopes, but that was an OpenGL-prioritised mod. In OpenGL, drawing a plane as part of a FOF is just as easy no matter what way it's oriented. These are for software, where the renderer cries hot tears of suffering when a polyobject is in the same sector as a FOF.

While Red's said he's going to work on it soon enough, rendering of slopes on FOFs may ultimately turn out to be a bigger hurdle than the creation of slopes in the first place.

Last edited:
QuestionablePeriodicEquine.gif

<Nev3r> my dick is hard now

They are not connected to FOFs. Those are just dynamic floor heights- slopes automatically recalculate their angle whenever the involved floor heights change.

Also, that's skewing, not actual rotation.

They are not connected to FOFs. Those are just dynamic floor heights- slopes automatically recalculate their angle whenever the involved floor heights change.

Also, that's skewing, not actual rotation.

I didn't think it was rotation :1. But thanks for the answer.

I was pre-empting people on the forum in general being confused, not you specifically. There was some uncertainty on the IRC as to what was actually being done to the textures.

I was pre-empting people on the forum in general being confused, not you specifically. There was some uncertainty on the IRC as to what was actually being done to the textures.

*laughs somewhat*
But yeah, I don't know where they got the idea of textures being rotated from, especially since SRB2 isn't very good at that kind of rendering anyways.

EDIT: For future refrence, that was a joke. I can see clearly why you'd make that mistake.

Last edited:
Somehow this thread always manages to impress me. Great job getting this to work as well as it does, whether you get FOFs working as well or not.

Do you wanna sprite those 432 extra character sprites necessary before loops can happen?

Also I'll take this opportunity to share a blooper GIF I posted in IRC while getting the texture skewing to work:
OrneryMindlessFinnishspitz.gif

Last edited:
Do you wanna sprite those 432 extra character sprites necessary before loops can happen?

No! that will be torture. It will make sense to use the jump animations automatically on the loops to save trouble. Of course, I'm not here to give suggestions, its just a thought in mind.

Last edited:
That is true, we could just set characters to spin once they start walking upside-down. I don't think that would be too haphazard.

I'll enjoy seeing Red cry over programming 360 physics by some miraculous feat :)

The Slippery Slope of suggestions has begun, and only a well placed glide-slide can stop the momentum of it.

I already said a spin could do the job a thread ago.

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

No, I've a better idea: Do what sonic 3 did and have one static running sprite for each separate angle.

Slopes are awesome, but I hope loops won't be made. It would take a lot of work to make all those sprites just for a feature that's not even that great imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back