SRB2 Tracks into MIDIS (Bonus or Glitch?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Well, I don´t think I need to explain the story on how I found this, so I´ll go straight to the point:

If you toggle the "Digital Sound" option off, while "MIDI" is on, the normal SRB2 tracks become MIDIs, nearly all of them, and you can play the game having MIDI versions of each track. I´m not sure if this is an Easter Egg, Glitch, or Developer´s Base tracks (Sorry if I make obvious doubts, I don´t know anything about computers)

Pretty interesting to listen to, specially Tunes 5 and 93 sound darn good as MIDIS.

It's an option in case you can't/don't want to listen to OGG versions of the songs. Not necessary now that every computer since ten years ago can play oggs, but, y'know, no reason to remove it either.

This isn't really news, it's been around since pretty much the beginning of DooM.

Originally, SRB2 was MIDI-only. I then added OGG support to Legacy using FMOD, since Cyan did some amazing remastering and I HAD to get it in the game.

Mystic Realm was also intended to be MIDI-only until AJ put digital music for it into the IWAD. I didn't want to have it be a huge download separate from the main game. On a decent sound card those Mystic Realm MIDIs are actually quite epic. RedXVI is some kind of deity.

The more interesting question is: How could you think this is a glitch?

Well, a Glitch is something additional that happens out of stuff that was not programmed or misprogrammed, well, if the tunes had been meant to be played trough normal speaker or stuff, but it was forced to be heard trough a MIDI player, it would sound different. Don´t mind, I´m an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back