New Pc vs SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cat

My parents are buying me a new computer. In 1 condition, I leave SRB2 off that computer. I want both, but what do I do?

My parents are buying me a new computer. In 1 condition, I leave SRB2 off that computer. I want both, but what do I do?

We need context. Why do they want you to leave SRB2 off it? This seems like an illogical idea on the part of your parents and I'm interested in their 'justification'.

Can you keep both computers? Of course, if your parents are anything like mine, you won't be able to get away with technicalities like that.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a tough choice, and your decision should depend on many factors.

First, I want to know if your parents are justified. It depends on the reason they give for it. If they're worried that it carries a virus, their fears are unfounded. If they're worried that you're getting too obsessed with the game...well, that might be a legitimate concern.

First find out why they don't wan't SRB2 on it.
Then buy your own computer. (You may need to save up.)

Who says it has to be -on- the computer? Stash it on a USB thumb drive and plug it in to play. Eventually the rules will slacken and they won't notice you copying it on.

Either that or stop playing SRB2 so much. From the terms your parents gave you, I'm guessing you spend all your free time on the forums and playing the game. Moderation is the key.

Well the part they think of the site and the game having a virus is it. They claim that it is the game (not the old 5 year computer) that has problems. I really want the computer, but it would take years for me to save the money. Also what is a USB drive? Where can I get one? (good/cheap) They also hate me going on any of the sites you guys own. I really like SRB2 and I really need a new pc. But then my father goes and buys himself the new pc and keeps it to himself and not take mine and give that one to me. Then everytime they come upstairs (like now) they ask what I'm doing. They also know my password to get on my profile.

I'm guessing that saying it has a virus is just an excuse and the true problem is that you spend too much time on the computer.

So if I play more games on my consoles, and or hide the SRB2 folder good on my computer, I can still stay here? But what if my father (computer know it all) enters the room with me on the site or game? Ideas?

Simple, play the console more and leave your computer alone for 2 weeks and your parents may forget about srb2.

I'm guessing that saying it has a virus is just an excuse and the true problem is that you spend too much time on the computer.

No, obviously we are all hackers who are trying to steal this guy's bank account details. Hence why he's not allowed on any site we own.

Proof that no knowledge is a dangerous thing.

They not to mention delete some of my files including what I was going to enter in the OLDC. They will also not forget about it. They bug me every 5 frigin minutes about it.

WEREHOG, modding is a form of art, and deleting your files is the equivalent of burning a mural you painted or shredding a story you wrote. I doubt it'll help if your parents are this insane, but tell them that. And I'd recommend you don't mention that someone on these forums told you this.

I kinda had the same problem with my dad about this MB, because he saw my topic of '' I Need Advice ''. He claimed he was gonna print it out and take it to the police station and kept telling me about there could be folks on here that could easily get my address and whatever and we'd be in trouble. Pfft. Anyways, all I can say is that you could get a USB drive, flash drive, or whatever they call em' these days. I use a flash drive and I take it EVERYWHERE I go, even school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back