Opinions of SRB2 Newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see GFZ trying to make players spin in order to get token or that invincibility under the first bridge but those are not obvious and new players would simply ignore them most time, GFZ is basically all about running to the goal and jumping, If players had to utilize their abilities and got stuck a little bit to figure out how controls work (sections that require spinning or using abilities to move on to next ones) before going to next level, maybe they would understand the game.

There's an insanely obvious one towards the start for the Force Shield that I usually see new players go for. Not to mention a lot of players usually infer that you can spindash because it's a stable of the Sonic series.

I'm betting it's just people don't really care about it because, until 2.2, our levels don't really have any places that give you a reason to spindash at all (besides low ceilings) because of the lack of slopes and that you have to come to a stop to charge it.

Strange how I didn't see this video before, It's at almost 500k views, This video also shows the terrible things about Analog controls (eg : 1:30 Speedshoes making the game almost unplayable :P) .

Fan Game Fridays - Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Seriously though how can you guys play using that thing, or is it just there for Gamepads.

Last edited:
I don't know why but when some people play analog mode with controllers it seems rather touchy, and having used multiple gamepads I can attest to certain gamepads being more touchy than others and it seems to be due to the range of motion that they give, perhaps if you could give the player the option to set up a range of motion on their joysticks it'd help?

... Then again, that is another thing for people to configure when a lot of these people showing off the game just want to get in and show it off so they can start recording or streaming.

I let my neice play the game a few weekends ago. I gave her a keyboard to use and she picked it up pretty quickly. This was before I updated to 2.1, and the character selection screen said Tails was a good pick for beginners, so that's who she chose. She had lots of fun with the flying ability, to the point where she won't choose any other characters. She spent a lot of time exploring GFZ 1, and that gave her a bit of experience but she wasn't able to get past the boss at GFZ 3. She seemed to really like the game though.

Last edited:
I don't wanna call out a lot of the newcomers because it is just a minority, but what the hell happened to looking up stuff on the MB? Countless times I've seen people just getting wads and trying to figure out where to find them, when some of the more easier ones like Silver.wad, Shadow.wad, TailsCD.wad, hell even FSonic.wad. Those are just characters, but you wanna know what really grinds my gears on this? No one knows where to get level packs. Mods like Boss Mayhem, The Emerald Isles, even Mystic Realm are mods that I usually host, and the amount of joiners I see trying to download "scr_mysticrealm.wad" is just... upsetting.

I don't wanna call out a lot of the newcomers because it is just a minority, but what the hell happened to looking up stuff on the MB? Countless times I've seen people just getting wads and trying to figure out where to find them, when some of the more easier ones like Silver.wad, Shadow.wad, TailsCD.wad, hell even FSonic.wad. Those are just characters, but you wanna know what really grinds my gears on this? No one knows where to get level packs. Mods like Boss Mayhem, The Emerald Isles, even Mystic Realm are mods that I usually host, and the amount of joiners I see trying to download "scr_mysticrealm.wad" is just... upsetting.
Once upon a time, the game itself actually pointed out the existence of the forums, and its add-ons section. Makes me wonder if something like that should go back in.

Possibly a note to the client to check Releases section if it has the required files that they're missing to join, That still wouldn't work for files not uploaded to MB, which makes me suggest this again lol, also what Sapheros pointed out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back