Android SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to compile SRB2 on my old HTC Dream running Android 1.6 a few years ago. Having a physical keyboard on that phone, control was actually feasible. But I compiled it within a Debian chroot on the phone, and used a pretty inefficient setup for output (debian running Xvnc, android native VNC client running and connected to Xvnc). As such it was pretty slow.

Having said that, phones have come on a lot since the HTC Dream and there's a native X server available for Android now. If you're feeling intrepid you could probably repeat my little experiment, but using the native X server from the Android Market instead. It might even be playable with a bluetooth keyboard!

I managed to compile SRB2 on my old HTC Dream running Android 1.6 a few years ago. Having a physical keyboard on that phone, control was actually feasible. But I compiled it within a Debian chroot on the phone, and used a pretty inefficient setup for output (debian running Xvnc, android native VNC client running and connected to Xvnc). As such it was pretty slow.

Having said that, phones have come on a lot since the HTC Dream and there's a native X server available for Android now. If you're feeling intrepid you could probably repeat my little experiment, but using the native X server from the Android Market instead. It might even be playable with a bluetooth keyboard!

Your Good, but i dont. Plz PM me with the explication of that in my sony xperia tipo, but i dont use bluetooth keyboard. OK? I need this. THX, SonicLux the Hedgeman

You really should be made aware.

An Android port does not exist. It is very unlikely to, as it would be insanely difficult to make happen, to the point where it's not worth it.

You really should be made aware.

An Android port does not exist. It is very unlikely to, as it would be insanely difficult to make happen, to the point where it's not worth it.

Actually, if you dig through the source code, there is a binding for an Android app using the JNI. However, it's effectiveness is unknown. There would certainly need to be some serious UI changes. It could be done, but I think stjr has bigger things on their plate than to port to a non-practical platform. If an developer wants to go for it, more power to them, but I'd not want to get into that frankenstein of a project. SRB2 just isn't meant for Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back