Democracy or Communism: Which is better?

Which is better?

• Communism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nether

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megamantn

Throughout the Cold war, as said by the Destroy all Humans 2 Trailer, The U.S.A. was afraid of Communism & the U.S.S.R. was afraid of Democracy.

That may not make sense but I understand There are some Communists & Democrats in Both U.S.A. & The Countries of the Former Soviet Union.

Anbyway, Enough of my boring Speech, Down to the Poll.

I really don't think many of the users of this board will really have anything intelligent to contribute to this..

I'm split, really. Democracy endorses freedom and all that jazz, but Communism basically says you can't think for yourself. This leads to a very much non-problematic place, except in the place where there are people who scream and plead Democracy. They then wind up getting shot, imprisoned, murdered, or some other painful ruse because they thought for themselves.

Communisms doesn't support people thinking for themselves =|

See, thing is, both types of government are perfectly capable of stabilizing societies just fine- They each have a major problem that pretty much cripples the stability.

Democracy - People are getting it in their heads that no matter what law, they can still say whatever the **** they want.
Communism - People are getting to bold or scared now; they're causing opinions to be shot out (vile stuff in Communism, maaan.). People are getting killed or are running away. The others that support it are automatically giving dirty looks, rude gestures, or even a bit of Homicide to people. Mostly those of a Democracy. Those people are way too damned oppressed.

Look at all the Communist/Dictatorships in this world. The people are tormented, threatened, tortured, and all that, should there be any dissent/disagreement of the government. Free speech is nonexistent, let alone free thought. The individual does not exist. The laws essentially force the people into labor, working to benefit the people high up in the government. Education is generally limited, and the people are ignorant. I'll point to the USSR and Nazi Germany for good examples of what comes from this (though, Germany educated their children). While most such governments are not so...Extreme in death tolls, they do exist, and in high amounts.

Now, a Democracy, by comparison (or, contrasting, rather), there is a government where the people not only have a say, but are essential. The individual is not suppressed, but rather, encouraged. People are required to go to school, learn, become intelligent. So that they can participate. The laws do not force people into unwanted labor. The individual can choose his/her own career path. The laws are just, the people have control over what is/isn't set. The government officials are elected, and have limited terms to prevent abuse. Torture is illegal. Prisons are inspected.

Seriously, what kind of topic is this? This should be painfully obvious to anyone that a Democracy is above a Dictatorship.

While I agree with your argument on the large scale, DW, it's not always true, especially on the small scale. Take the SRB2 forums for example. Would you really rather this place be a democracy rather than a dictatorship?

FuriousFox said:
While I agree with your argument on the large scale, DW, it's not always true, especially on the small scale. Take the SRB2 forums for example. Would you really rather this place be a democracy rather than a dictatorship?
Yes.

Well, In theory Communism is the 'perfect system' people helping each other, and sharing the wealth, stuff like that. The problem is people are too corrupted by greed and power to keep it going right.

In my history class my teacher made a semi-good point saying how the US has some of the ideals of communism, in the sense we try to make everyone equal and have welfare for the poor.

I think if people weren't corrupted it'd work perfectly, but that's just me.

Communism fails because of a very simple issue. The person who works hard and the person who doesn't do much both get what they need.

Near the end of the USSR, people in mines didn't even work, they got paid anyways. The entire country was pretty much like that. There's no motivation to work hard if you aren't rewarded for your effort with more money or a better standing in life.

This is why the USSR fell apart. The economic system simply didn't work. Look at the only successful communist country left: China. China basically has a capitalist economy. The only part that's "communist" left is the repressive government.

Sonow Hakura said:
FuriousFox said:
Yes.
Do you have any idea how messed up these boards would be if they were a democracy?

Indeed. But FF, there is a massive difference between a forum, and a country. See, in a forum, you aren't directing their entire lives. There are rules that are enforced here, but in any establishment, there are such laws. There are unelected 'dictators', if you will (for the sake of comparison), but does not the same apply to other things in life? See, the difference isn't so much in scale, as it is in the nature of the organization. A forum and a country are different enough that a forum can pretty much be run like a dictatorship, but a country can't. At least not humanely.

I'm actually going to vote communism, why? It's not as bad as the corrupt idiots make it seem, it actually has some good qualities but the leaders in the past were too stupid to see them and ended up ruining it totally.

I fail to see any good qualities Communism possesses. And the fact that it's been warped so many times in the past proves that it's a system that is easily subject to such twisting. No, it's not a good government system by any means,

Communism is the kind of government that only LOOKS very good when on paper- when executed, you kind of learn how it had little success.

Democracy is better, but it doesn't help when the people themselves are still dumbasses. In the US, the governmental candidates are always always stupid, and political parties pretty much divide the political thought of all the US (screw Democrats and Republicans). But still, Democracy is better for some of the most obvious reasons.

Besides, the only good kind of dictator we could possibly have is Ritz. Or Alam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back