Object that gives rings on touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
Just incase I wanted to redo the SRB2 and the Black Knight thing I tried a while ago, I was wondering... could you SOC an object so that it's not a ring, but gives rings on touch? Like the yellow fairies in SatBK.

An object that give rings ...

I can not understand why you want it. An "object" in your situation, for me, I understand in two ways.

A platform (say, a collection of platforms that make a safe, for example !). When Sonic touches the safe, he won the rings ...
A "thing" is to say everything is made ... almost Paper Mario sprite.

In short, I do not really know how to program in SOC, but I do not think the effect "add rings to the players" already exists.

It is better to await the opinion of a professional SOC designer.

There's a thread on a similar subject over here:
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36329

Long story short, it's doable with a bit of hacking around with A_Look, but it's certainly a lot of trouble. It'd definitely be a lot easier to just replace the ring sprites. Given that I'm pretty sure the normal rings only show up in the optional side missions in SatBK, you'd probably be better off doing that.

(For the record though: A_RingBox is totally the effect "add rings to the players")

Well, um, if I make you collect fairies in the game, then you'll drop fairies when you get hurt, not rings. :/

Dropped rings are a seperate object from collected rings. If you insert the fairy sprites as a freeslot, then SOC normal rings so they use the fairy sprites, then rings on the map will look like fairies, but spilled rings will look normal.

Dropped rings are a seperate object from collected rings. If you insert the fairy sprites as a freeslot, then SOC normal rings so they use the fairy sprites, then rings on the map will look like fairies, but spilled rings will look normal.

This, although you'll have to SOC in some extra frames. Thing 43 (MT_RING) is a normal ring, thing 44 is the ring object you drop when you get hit (MT_FLINGRING). Just SOC Thing 43's spawnstate to be something custom, and leave Thing 44 alone, and you'll be able to alter the normal rings without touching the dropped rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back