Grammar and spelling problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
grammars.png

Read and understand.

Ah, where would we be without our lovely Bob the Angry Flower to help us differentiate our plurals and possessives? Now we just need one on punctuation spacing and when to capitalize words.

Well this is the interwebs, that and because who would want school on the internet(not me thats for sure).

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

Oh, and by the way, full color picture:
aposter3.jpg

But it's smaller than the other.

Shell bite you? Keep the apostrophe, bt only for contractions. Because I don't want a stone-type-thing found at the beach to bite me.

EDIT: Also, how can a punctuation mark rape children?

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. I mean I could understand if it were that big of a problem, but I would think that most people wouldn't overreact to one missing apostraphe, I for one have enough common sense to detect if someone is missing apostraphe and I can simply add that apostraphe while I am reading and I just get over it. Seriously, everything on this forum seems like the sky is falling. Chill out guys..... It's not that big of a deal.....

Because, it's, you know, annoying. Seriously. It disturbs the reader's thought process, when used incorrectly, it changes the meaning of the word, etc. Don't defend stupidity. People should be doing this correctly.

Yeah, youre right. Its not that big of a deal. Although, Im going to say that we shouldnt contract he will, if were not using apostrophes.

EDIT: This was in response to Sonow Hakuras post.

Sonow Hakura said:
but I would think that most people wouldn't overreact to one missing apostraphe

It ain't just one, let me remind you. In fact, it adds up quickly when a lot of users don't have any sense of punctuation.

EDIT: Though, for once I think DW's exaggerating on a portion of his last post about apostrophes.

appostrophe.gif

Yes, this was slapped together in thirty minutes.

The reality is that the apostrophe is a very simple, and easy to use punctuation mark.

If you have a possessive or contraction, you add one. The only exception is "its", and if you're having trouble with that, congratulations, so are several newspaper editors. That's excusable.

The reality is that the apostrophe is just as important for deriving the meaning of words as anything else in the English language, and by using it incorrectly, you make it harder to understand you, especially when using possessives.

Blue Warrior said:
Sonow Hakura said:
but I would think that most people wouldn't overreact to one missing apostraphe

It ain't just one, let me remind you. In fact, it adds up quickly when a lot of users don't have any sense of punctuation.

EDIT: Though, for once I think DW's exaggerating on a portion of his last post about apostrophes.

appostrophe.gif

Yes, this was slapped together in thirty minutes.

Who's the one getting asploded?

Also, I clicked the link!

What I am trying to say there is no need to overreact to a second or two of frustration. Seriously guys stop whining over every damn thing that doesn't please you.

Yeah, because if St Jr. suddenly turned into communists, we would be executed/banned for complaining. And there would be a lot more Soviet Russia jokes. Although, in Soviet Russia, it makes jokes about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back