unappricated sonic characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Eggman just constucted Gemerl (or whatever) using data he obtained from Emerl. That would explain his ability to learn new moves or morph/co-pilot different machines, and why he has a distinct shell.

Also, I don't get this Big-hate. Sure, he's a big, slow, doofus, but it's nice to have a wide range of personalities in story-driven games like Sonic Adventure. I especially love how he was influencing potentially world-changing events in Sonic Adventure and was so blissfully unaware of doing so. Big is much more annoying in Sonic Heroes, but that's mostly because of insipid diologue and the general uselessness of the extra characters in that game.

If Sonic Team had any of the competence it had pre-Sonic Adventure 2, I'd challenge them to revitalize Mighty and Ray, if only because I think the results would be interesting.

Last edited:
For the love of crap stop calling Shadow a goddamned recolour.

There is NOTHING the same between Shadow and Sonic besides the fact they're both hedgehogs. The spines are completely different (except maybe when Sonic goes Super, but that's justified by the backstory), their powers are completely different, they're personalities are completely different, and their source of speed (Sonic's is natural, Shadow's is via the rocket shows), clothes are different, etc. etc.

Oh, and Shadow isn't a bloody emo. Was he whining about **** in Sonic Riders? In Sonic06? In Rivals? No. And when his only consistent memory is that of your closest friend getting shot, it's not surprising he would focus on that in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Even then, having actually PLAYED the game, he doesn't focus on it enough to be deemed an emo.

Quit the knee jerk reactions to the character, especially when you haven't even played the new games for more than 5 minutes.

Shadow is still just a "Dark Sonic"

He has the same abilities in SA2 (Though, Sonic had more), FAR too similar appearance (with NO explanation as to why), and he became useless and just thrown in after SA2. No point to him being around anymore, just kill him off. He's just a boring "dark" type.

He has the same abilities in SA2 (Though, Sonic had more), FAR too similar appearance (with NO explanation as to why), and he became useless and just thrown in after SA2. No point to him being around anymore, just kill him off. He's just a boring "dark" type.

I think he had some purpose in SA2, at least in terms of lending some depth to the story. The fact that Shadow was revitalized in Heroes only serves to cheapen his role in SA2.

Come to think of it, had Shadow not been summoned from the grave for Heroes, the dev team probably wouldn't have tried to shoehorn the 8 other useless characters in there.

I respect that decision from a business standpoint - The kids all love Shadow, so hey, why not have him in the next game? It's just that the same move perhaps cost Heroes of a respectable story, to say nothing of Shadow (the game) and Sonic '06.

Last I checked, Sonic never used "Chaos <anything>" aside from Chaos Control, and Chaos Control has been implied to be usable by anyone with a chaos emerald.

Oh, and Shadow has his own backstory, his own life, and his own personality. I see NOTHING that makes him a recolour besides the fact he's a hedgehog, in which case Silver and Amy Rose are recolours, since they're hedgehogs too.

Last I checked, Sonic never used "Chaos <anything>" aside from Chaos Control, and Chaos Control has been implied to be usable by anyone with a chaos emerald.

Chaos Spear = Sonic Wind
Chaos Control = Time Stop

I was talking PRIMARILY about SA2. Hell, one juut shoots unoriginal Energy Blasts, and the other warps. Big woop. Oh, and a mini-nuke.

also, his backstory sucks ass as well, and it's FILLED with plot holes.

and the recolor standards on this board are lower than you think. they don't mean LITERAL pallete swaps, more like light edits, which Shadow DEFINITELY is. at least silver was different due to his (horrid) spinestyle.

And Shadow has evolved into an original character. The backstory is actually easy to figure out if you have a mind that unconsciously takes note of plot points and links them with other plot points. If you want me to post what it is that I've come up with (using only the games), I will.

I hate Shadow and Rouge Amy,Eggman.
And you can't blame metalsonic he was programmed to be evil.

Unappreciated.. hmm Bomb, Heavy, Bean, Bark, Honey, Nack/Fang, Mecha Knuckles, Tailsdoll (probably for good reasons?), Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic, Egg Robo, Big, Cream, Charmy, Chaos, .. Uh.. I believe that's all I can come up with. Out of all of those the only ones I don't really care for is Bomb and Heavy (Filler characters?), Tailsdoll and Egg-robo (Both useless kinda), and lastly Cream and Charmy (only for the voices, everything else is fine).

I agree with you on Cream. Not only is she entirely unnecessary (especially in Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Heroes), she also seems to lack any personality whatsoever, which cannot be said about next most-useless set of characters, the Chaotix.

I believe Shadow was a great addition to the Sonic World.
Sonic needed a person like him, more as a rival. With the addition of shadow, sonic began to improve alongside with shadow. Without shadow, SEGA would have been stumped. Of course, the more hedgehogs the better right?

Some may deem shadow as "emo" but if you were to wake up out of nowhere, befriend the only person who played with you, then she died before your eyes, she would be stuck in your mind too.

Shadow started going wrong after the cloning stuff and then I got lost. THEN he started getting unappreciated.

As for Big...he should be marked as a mistake from SEGA. Sure we had many long and frustrating hours of fishing torture, but I agree with most of you.

WHERE'S FROGGY?!?!

The only characters that I like are Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Robotnik (NONE OF THIS EGGMAN CRAP), Shadow, Mighty, Espio, and Rouge. The others suck money ****. Besides, they need to bring Mighty back. He was only in one game. That sucks.

The only characters that I like are Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Robotnik (NONE OF THIS EGGMAN CRAP), Shadow, Mighty, Espio, and Rouge. The others suck money ****. Besides, they need to bring Mighty back. He was only in one game. That sucks.
He was always called Eggman on Japan. So there is no "Eggman crap"

Also, Mighty was in TWO games. Chaotix and Segasonic arcade.

And even then, Mighty is just Sonic with Walljump, and was even just a Sonic replacement in that game, since his Chaotix sprites and Sonic's Crackers sprites match up amost perfectly! He can stay dead for all I care. Shadow, Espio, Silver, and Rouge can go ahead and dissapear offscreen too.

Last edited:
How do you appreciate a character designed to hamper you by exploding and anchoring?

Heavy was at the very least INVINCIBLE, meaning you could throw him at any enemy without fear, and carry him arround and RUN into enemies too, IIRC. Bomb however, was less than worthless.

Imo. Big is just dumb, how he talks and acts
Cream, She´s just annoying.
And Chris... He´s one of those characters that make think "What was Sega Thinking?!"

Sega didn't make Sonic X. With that said I leave this post with 2 things to say.
1. When the hell is Silver suppose to be in Sonic X America cause they have him in Sonic X Japan.
2. Blaze is under appreciated. If I spelled that wrong please p.m me so I can fix it. Oh and to Timberwolf, not everyone can use Chaos Control. Only Shadow, Sonic, Silver, Dr. Eggman (poor soul) & Tails can use Chaos Control and Tails was only able to use the power in the archie comic cause he was the chosen one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back