Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the texture that's bad, it's the way it's used which makes it undesirable. That's a bright texture with pretty high saturation in color, so it'd probably be more suiting for smaller geometry and platforms, whereas a duller variant would be more suiting for the larger scales of walls. And there's basically no sector scenery throughout the level, which also probably comes hand-in-hand with the fact that your texture variation is sparse. You need to spend some time decorating the walls and fields with smaller cliffs and rock formations and stuff like that. If you can do all that, then I'm sure your level would look and feel fun to play as a result.

Man, I have a feeling my level is gonna suck...
...And that there's gonna be 9001 reverse gravity/2D to 3D gimmicks in the levels.

I couldn't join even if I wanted to because I have vista and SRB2 Doom Builder constantly has problems for me. Unless I find a different program to use.

I'm pretty sure there will be. I'm also pretty sure that 90% of the maps are going to pull it off completely wrong.

Heh, I would think that could happen, partially because one of the main problems about reverse gravity is the blind spot in the line of sight. If it's level with the character and directly in front of it, the character itself blocks the item from view. As such, one of my reverse gravity sections is partially in 2D because of this.

I just had a Thought, since the old unused level slots use for the contest are now filled by the SRB remake, will the slots used be changed again?

Techno Laser 2.0!

I have scrapped Tidal Palace CTF and replaced it with Techno Laser from my old old old Multiplayer mod, But I compleatly re-did it:

srb20093.png

Blue Base.
srb20094.png

I r so big :D
srb20095.png

Now I'm small. D:
srb20097.png

Main area.
-------------------------------
So yeah, it should be done pretty soon. I need to add in a few more gimmicks and the emeralds spawns.

KO.T.E, what makes you think that a multiplayer map with scaling would work so well? Giant players would be big targets and small players would be more difficult to find.

I could barely hit KOTE or anyone when I was normal sized or giant and they were little, I kept hitting the floor near them.

Simple solution: just design the map to completely eliminate the possibility of giants and midgets in the same general area, or being able to shoot at each other. Like say, have zoomtubes carry people to a seethrough ant farm that shrinks people, as a completely random example. There are surely more creative ways to do it.

Else, you could always cram the map with bomb rings, I guess. Not really as fun though.

I personally think the music fits great. Try not to go overboard with the different kinds of enemies like you did in Zephyr Hill. I say only use crawlas, pop up turrets, and vultures, but thats your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back