Official Level Design Contest - March/April Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Alrighty, I said I had something interesting planned, and here it is. All gametypes are allowed. If you make something clever up and design a level around it, it's allowed. Go wild.

Rules:

1. All levels must work correctly. This means that you need a Player 1 Start for it to boot, and however you plan to make the level work, it needs to work properly. (DM starts in a DM stage, etc.)
2. Collaborations are allowed, and testing is encouraged.
3. Custom textures are allowed, but custom music will require you to host a seperate wad to add it, as I'm not sucking Sepwich's bandwidth any more than I need to. Also, you may not name the custom textures anything that is already in srb2.srb
4. Please give the level header seperately as well as in the WAD file. Providing it seperately makes it much easier to combine the levels into the contest pack, making it that much faster to play them after the deadline.
5. Remember that these levels will be uploaded to the Addons section after the contest, so provide a description or you'll get my exciting message saying I don't have a description from you.
6. You may enter as many levels as you want, but please remember that more time spent normally means a better result.
7. All levels are due to me by May 1st, 2004 at 12:00 UT (April 30th, 7 PM EST)

Edited to extend due date.

SRB2032.gif

Hm... is it really worth it to patch up my NiGHTS map hurriedly and say "ITS QUICK ITS DONE!!!!!"?

I wonder. :O

(Oh yeah, what's your email? ;P *Shot*)

I'll (hopefully) put my map in... as my first ever contest one. Too bad people aren't gonna give me a break.

Say, what IS your e-mail?

I've just sent my level to you, mystic, but it wasn't exactly meant for this contest. I made it a long time ago, but it never got submitted. I changed some of it and sent it. Is that allowed?

note:A441 should recognize it.

Because of the totally pathetic lack of entries recently, I'm being forced to make this a bi-monthly event. The due date is now May 1st.

Let's see if we can get more than 2 entries a contest, folks, or I'll have to stop the contest due to lack of entries. The contest games are fun, but we can't have a contest if no-one tries to enter. I urge you all to try to make levels. Remember that this contest is based on your support, and without your support, it will just die.

This is probably a stupid question, but where do I send my level entry? (this is the first time I'm entering)

As long as you understand that it was a stupid question, I'd say you're fine. It's when you don't understand that you're being stupid that there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Back