• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tempest Beta WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitCoder

Launcher Blaster
Ok, so I just want to show my progress with TempestBeta, it's currently on version 4.84.
At the moment, he can do the following

while not super

49nqh92dgjpe3v2fg.jpg

1881rtanut6n3r5fg.jpg

h85p54ft3bpcxskfg.jpg

g3qcbv896hdomz9fg.jpg

w9303ff0z3bv7s7fg.jpg

ygruo5qbutcwbz4fg.jpg

While super
m7sqn8m1b2lz6bsfg.jpg

hommo3nutl3s2xgfg.jpg

Feedback would be appreciated. I would also like someone to come up with a better idea for the superform that doesn't just look like a lame color remap.

Last edited:
Your character looks very broken. Image wise.

No really, every fucking image is broken. Might wanna preview your posts next time.

Your character looks very broken. Image wise.

No really, every fucking image is broken. Might wanna preview your posts next time.

It's working fine for me, but I will transfer the images to somewhere else. Thanks for telling me.

EDIT - There, should be fixed

Last edited:
"Dive thok" and "Teleport" are exactly the same GIF.

I knew that, I changed it literally when I first did it. I checked through. I also took a few minutes to retreive the teleport gif. Sorry about that, try reloading the page.

The character design itself is awful. It's literally just a palette-swapped Shadow with way too many abilities (not to mention that they are all overpowered) and the spriting looks bad (awful color choice, looks like it was edited from ShadowRE, more errors were pointed out in that thread from earlier that you made).

(also some stuff looks stolen but i'm not digging that hatchet back up)

Last edited:
I can't believe it's not Inazuma!

*sigh* the actual sprites had nothing to do with Inazuma.

but maybe I was unknowingly inspired by Inazuma, idk.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

The character design itself is awful. It's literally just a palette-swapped Shadow with way too many abilities (not to mention that they are all overpowered) and the spriting looks bad (awful color choice, looks like it was edited from ShadowRE, more errors were pointed out in that thread from earlier).

(also some stuff looks stolen but i'm not digging that hatchet back up)

Fucking brilliant. I didn't actually steal anything, and I see no resemblance of shadow whatsoever.

anyway, thanks for the feedback, and I will try to make the abilities less OP.

Fucking brilliant. I didn't actually steal anything, and I see no resemblance of shadow whatsoever.

Oh of course. I'm sorry. The colors are different, so of course it's not Shadow! Oh, let's not forget about those two spines are kinda different!

More like you changed it to the thok/jump frames. :V

In his defense, the lightdash would look almost exactly the same even if he remade it functionally from scratch, provided the visual effects were still there.

You're wrong, it's a palette-swapped Shade from EMW5 or at least he's using Shade as a base or something...I don't know.

9Zif1.png

9ZihY.png

Shade was the original base in the old file, but I just used my 2.0 file and added my new sprites.

SADXD1H1.png

*OFF TOPIC* - Ewwwwww, you use Windows VISTA?

Shade was the original base in the old file, but I just used my 2.0 file and added my new sprites.

SADXD1H1.png

*OFF TOPIC* - Ewwwwww, you use Windows VISTA?

*ON TOPIC* Ewwwwww, you recolored Shade?
Seriously. This is not good. I don't want to get in-depht because I tried that with you before so I'll just get straight to the point. Colors are not good. Lineart is not good. Technique sucks.

In his defense, the lightdash would look almost exactly the same even if he remade it functionally from scratch, provided the visual effects were still there.

Actually, I only really used his ring spark soc. I made a lightdash that teleports you, rather than thrusts you towards the rings. It's less buggy that way.

Actually, I only really used his ring spark soc. I made a lightdash that teleports you, rather than thrusts you towards the rings.

If it worked like that, then he'd make a dead stop after a trail. Thrusting would give you that dash that happens after the trail that makes it feel more natural.

EDIT:

Wait a minute...

Actually, I only really used his ring spark soc.

You just further proved your incompetence.

1. no socs are involved with the light dash at all
2. the ring sparks are just from collecting them, you don't need another script

Last edited:
If it worked like that, then he'd make a dead stop after a trail. Thrusting would give you that dash that happens after the trail that makes it feel more natural.

I added a thrust for the end of the script
when you have no more nearby rings, it thrusts you where you're facing.
It also makes you face towards the ring you're about to teleport to.

I swear, you seem to make out like you know Lua, but you don't seem to consider variables, which are a very simple and important part in code.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Wait a minute...

You just further proved your incompetence.

1. no socs are involved with the light dash at all
2. the ring sparks are just from collecting them, you don't need another script

Actually, you need a soc to remove the actual ring, and create a seperate instance, otherwise, you get stuck where the current ring is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back