• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

E-102 Gamma WAD WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been done before, but rather crappily. I've decided to set myself a task to create a better looking E-102 WAD.

Here are some progress of his first sprite. It is barely finished but at least it counts as proof that I am making it.
gammawipdz1.png

Also, I need some good reference pictures to really get this started. The only reference I've got is a Sonic Battle spritesheet which isn't even very detailed when you come to think of it.

Here's the finished front sprite.

gammawipwr0.png

How does he look? I might not put a specific designation on his chest because basically I'd think it'd be easier to manage that way and secondly when teamcoloured you could change his colour to make him easily look like another robot of the E-Series of similar design.

Also, I might need detailed reference images of his side and back so I know what they look like.

Seems I have some competition for the E-102 WAD. Even though I can't post pics for it I am working on it. (I can't post pics 'cuz I don't know how to upload them onto a site to put them on.)

Your E-102 needs to be taller, he should be taller than sonic and in that image he looks shorter than him if not the same size.

Wouldn't that be because of how his knees are on the opposite side of his legs?

Thx for the site SonicTheDalek. I'll make my own topic and post the pics once I'm finished drawing the ones that are practically colorless.

SonicTheDalek said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Your E-102 needs to be taller, he should be taller than sonic and in that image he looks shorter than him if not the same size.
lolwutqq1.png
Meh I didn't actually compare him to the sonic sprite, but he should be taller than that, still.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea of how he plays in game? I've never played Sonic Adventure or Sonic Battle, so I need to know how fast he is, whether he spins or not, what projectile he shoots, etc.

I do have an idea of the ability though. Look on the Wiki page on making characters and you'll see what I mean.

He's slow, doesn't jump very high, and when he runs he crouches down and uses the wheels on his legs to roll around. And he has a little jetpack thing that hovers behind him. Just look up a youtube vid with him.

Then I take it that he's about the same speed as Tails in SRB2, if not slower, has half of normal jumpheight and spindashes by crouching down but uses wheels on the legs and has the hover which already exists in SRB2, amirite?

Looks like he's gonna have trouble getting to places where characters with normal jumpheight can reach unless he can fly...

He can't spindash although it'd probably be best to use that idea anyways. And he's even slower than tails.

E102 Gamma can't spin... So it would be better for him to use his wheels when he's running. And yes, the hover ability already exists in SRB2... I thought you would have known that from characters like Espio...

I actually do, because Crawlie does it too! HEY IT RHYMES! 8b *mauled*

So, slower than tails, can't spindash and has a very crappy jumpheight, got it. But how is he going to get to places where he can't reach and most other characters can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back