• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AUTOEXEC.CFG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on SRB2 Wiki and I found this really good to use, I don't think lots of people use this so here's an explanation,

It's like your typing into the console but you can Save it and it opens every time you use SRB2. (If it is in the same folder) It's really useful for Net-play!

Here are useful things I added to it,

Code:
alias camoff "chasecam 0; crosshair 1; alwaysmlook 1;"
alias camon "chasecam 1; crosshair 0; alwaysmlook 1;"
bind z camoff
bind x camon
bind c screenshot
bind o "changeteam red"
bind p "changeteam blue"
bind 0  "name ****"
bind k "color ****"
bind 1 "skin sonic"
bind 2 "skin tails"
bind 3 "skin knuckles"
bind 4 "skin shadow"
bind # "addbot"
bind - "startrings 999"
bind = "startlives 99"
skin "****"
color "****"
name "****"

(YOU CAN EDIT THIS USING NOTEPAD!!)

Where there is **** you type in,

Code:
bind 0  "name ****"
Type in your name.

Code:
bind k "color ****"
Type in what color you want.

Code:
skin "****"
What character you want to be.

Code:
color "****"
Type in what color you want.

Code:
name "****"
Type in your name.

(Also you might want to change some bind key's keys.)

MAKE SURE IT'S SAVE TYPE IS ALLFILES!!

You can use this to add files every time you use SRB2 but you won't be able to join until you delete the addfiles.

You can use this for any other console commands too.

DOWNLOAD LINK!

http://www.4shared.com/file/15593968/d750e55b/autoexec.html

If you have any problems tell me.

Xtreme Starfox said:
I found this on SRB2 Wiki and I found this really good to use,

So, like, why not just tell people to use SRB2Wiki for this in the first place? We're trying to promote its use, not port it to the forums.

Yeah... I made mine like, 2 years ago.

Old, but it's nice to see someone figured it out sooner or later. =)

No, they never do.

The name thing does work, the color thing doesn't, and the other stuff besides binding and game settings don't work.

AutoExecs are broken in 1.09.4. KTHXBYE

Chaos said:
No, they never do.

The name thing does work, the color thing doesn't, and the other stuff besides binding and game settings don't work.

......... :| I have 1.09.4 and my autoexec works with all the stuff so far that I have put in it.

If autoexecs are broken in 1.09.4, then what's been making my automatic camera, music, and screenshot binds all this time?

I said anything BESIDES that and normal game options.

The name defaults anyways in a net-game, and the color doesn't change.

Chaos said:
If what you said was true, then why did I always enter as color red when I join the first game of when I started it up? It's because of AutooExec. So, what you said is not true and the AutoExec is not broken. You just have to create one yourself, it does not come with the game.

Vash said:
Chaos said:
If what you said was true, then why did I always enter as color red when I join the first game of when I started it up? It's because of AutooExec. So, what you said is not true and the AutoExec is not broken. You just have to create one yourself, it does not come with the game.

It does not come with the game but I think it should.

TO THE SUGGESTION TOPIC!! :)

Xtreme Starfox wrote:
(YOU CAN EDIT THIS USING NOTEPAD)

I already do that but, this change my CONFIG.CFG too!, it have the notepad icon instead the ''Unknown Archive'' icon.
The config.cfg must have an icon like this:
But it have this icon:
How i turn it into a ''Unknown archive'' again?

The icon doesn't matter, except to tell you what program will be used when you double-click the file. But it doesn't alter the file itself. So you probably shouldn't worry about it.

Ok thanks SRB2-Playah :D.
But for example, that ''problem'' restore the game brightness to default and things like that.
The promblem dissapears if I download the archive again?, I mean, the Srb2 (Self Extract archive) again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back