Yet Another 2.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the secret levels, i don't know if it will be in version 2.1 but i read something in the wiki about Sweet Tooth Zone a "in development" super level.

Last edited:
About the secret levels, i don't know if it will be in version 2.1 but i read something in the wiki about Sweet Tooth Zone a "in development" super level.

I was also wondering what kind of level it can be...

This was on another thread.

I think you stumbled upon some old (or not so old?) secret level concepts for SRB2. Fun fact: The devs have revealed that there is a secret stage in the works that's abbreviated "STZ". Make of that what you will.

Mystic's in Japan right now, so I guess I'll just act in his stead and talk about it.

• Sweet Tooth Zone: A zone wherein you play on a giant set of teeth as the creature whose teeth you're on inhales tons of candy, chewing repeatedly. You have to dodge his teeth coming together inside cavities and missing teeth, but watch out for plaque, which will attack you, and gum, which you briefly get stuck in, leaving yourself vulnerable to being crushed by teeth.
And that's all she wrote.

Just a little question about 2.1, and please direct me elsewhere if necessary;
In 2.1 will sound files still have to be converted to Doom format to function?
Just asking in advance due to a little wad I'm making, so I can be ready for when the change comes.

Just a little question about 2.1, and please direct me elsewhere if necessary;
In 2.1 will sound files still have to be converted to Doom format to function?
Just asking in advance due to a little wad I'm making, so I can be ready for when the change comes.

Definitely since SRB2 is a modification of Doom. The only time we would ever not need to convert to Doom format if the next SRB2 version was built from scratch not from using the Doom Engine. Hence Version 3.0.

Last edited:
Definitely since SRB2 is a modification of Doom. The only time we would ever not need to convert to Doom format if the next SRB2 version was built from scratch not from using the Doom Engine. Hence Version 3.0.
Not true. It would definitely be possible to modify SRB2 so that it can play sounds that are not in the Doom format without rewriting it from scratch (although I have no idea how much work that would entail), it's just that nobody plans on doing so.

I was also wondering?
When will we get another screenshots trailer of the 2.1?

When it's (further) done.

Seriously mate, if there's one thing you should know about STJr is that you'll never know when they'll release something.

I say it's best to just sit back and watch it all unfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back