Official Level Design Contest Voting: January-February 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
I remember beta testing Mystic's CTF level, and I can't believe all the changes he made. I'm pretty sure he saw me waiting on the roof of the castles that he removed the 4096 ceilings. I'm glad it turned from a huge open-spaced level into an actual SRB2 level.
Trust me, I wanted to keep the roof, but framerate in software simply wouldn't let me. It still drops a bit in the dining room, but it's a lot better than it was.

Voting? Yes, voting.

Single Player

Green Field Zone by CZ64 - 6/10
2Dness taken to a whole new level so to speak. I absolutely love the way you managed to make this work, very innovative and creative. It doesn't quite work with Sonic though unfortunately.

Gelespious Mtn Zone by Penopat - 10/10
I declare this map perfection. One of your best maps Penopat. It was a bit hard to see in the beginning due to mixing textures but once I got outside, I found myself an entire whole world to explore. The place was magnificent, I found myself playing it over and over and over again because it was just so good. The vast areas to explore, the perfect way platforming worked, the ingenious use of linedef specials to make PSO-teleporters. The music rocked, there were several things that kept me wanting more and generally this was a great map. If you were to assemble a level pack containing all your best SP maps, you'd blow many people straight off their feet.

Match

MAP01 > Castleon Zone by Glaber - 1/10
This map looks like a CTF map. Even then, it sucks. Undeafed rings, maze like properties, cramped spaces, small level, just no.

MAP02 > Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Must I repeat myself? Maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP03 > Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Again...maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP04 > Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Sigh...maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP05 > Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 7/10
Maze, small, cramped...wait.
This level looks like it got it's inspiration from Botanic Serenity. Which isn't bad, that was one of the best maps in SRB2 history. It also shares that map's unfortunate disease of "low framerate". I could barely get this level playing. I'm sure for higher end computers though, this would be a very awesome map to play in. Great looking scenery, excellently designed park features, good ring placement and nice monitor and weapon placement. It's a great map, but I rate it a bit lower due to the fact that the frame rate kinda makes half the people who want to play this unable to.

MAP06 > WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber - 0/10
Wow. Can you say "unplayable?"

MAP07 > Icicle Pyramid by Glaber - 4/10
I would be reciting the famous "Maze, small, cramped, no" passage here but this level actually just barely escapes from it believe it or not. It's not exactly a maze, there's JUST barely enough room for lots of thokking and the smallness...well, it's still an issue but it can be dealt with. Not an overall horrible map. It might be good for a couple play throughs with a friend but that's about it.

MAP08 > G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber - N/A
Another level that screwed over my frame rate. It doesn't look too bad...although the area with many spikeballs and thwomps (One of which killed me) was very unnecessary.
I can't say I can vote because an SRB2 glitch totally ruined the level for me and my friends.

MAP09 > Toxic Falls Zone by JJames - MIEN
If you haven't been able to guess so far, I like to do symmetrical match maps. My main inspiration was Waterfall island with a twist; the water becomes toxic slime. :) The times I played it with a few JTE bots, were hilariously fun. So I thought it'd be good to release it here in the contest.

MAP10 > Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado - 0/10
Someone forgot the sky heading in their map header. Regardless, the map sucks. Rings, undeafed, middle obstruction, BAD.

MAP11 > Temple Tryst Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 6/10
This level also kinda screws with my framerate but that's likely my fault. Anyways, this level is very wide open, a plus, but it's really flat. Some areas are kinda awkward to get to and the rings seem a bit weirdly placed to me. This might be great fun for a bunch of Tails vs. Sonic players but that's it...

Capture the Flag

MAP12 > Wasteland Towers Zone by Flame the Hedgehog - 9/10
Wow, Flame, this map shows how much you've truly improved in map making. The two desert areas were very nicely worked together, the bases themselves were unique too and I liked that. It would've been cool if the platforms above the quicksand fell as soon as you stepped on them but then that might make it abusive. The forest area looked weird at first what with the combi-trees (lawl) but it played very nicely and I found myself really enjoying the pace of this map. I actually went back and played it again as Sonic just to get a better feel for this map. Great job Flame.

MAP13 > Mario Vs Sonic CTF by Sales - 1/10
From awesome, to pure suckage. What a let down. Maze, small, cramped, no. Plus, why make it so terribly, terribly difficult to get to the flags? You put FF's Green Mushroom map to shame.

MAP14 > Frigid Cave Zone by JJames - LULZ
I don't like this map too much. :D Personally, I found it to be my least favorite CTF level, hence why I never released it before. But I thought I'd give it a try. Worked out much better then I thought.

MAP15 > Wooden Base by Kaysakado - 2/10
A very interesting concept that kinda falls short. 2D match sounds interesting but the map makes it very hard to deal with and it just does not work for CTF as the flag carrier HAS to be Sonic in order to have any decent chance at fleeing. This was a very nice idea on paper but...

MAP16 > Basilica Battleground Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com - 4/10
I could BARELY get this level to play correctly, much like Emerald Park. But this kinda falls short regardless due to weird bases. Blue has a nearly impenetrable base due to the quick crashed blocking the only way in. You must spindash very fast in order to get in and that often leaves you open to enemy fire. Red doesn't have a better base as it seems like a maze getting through it. Too big, too confusing, too hard. I'm sorry. I just did not enjoy this level.

MAP17 > Daimondus Zone by Glaber - 9/10
At first the level looked weird but after a while, blue and green actually go together! It had a very unique look to it and the actual gameplay matched. It reminded me of a more simpler, easier Sapphire Falls CTF map that was very fun to play through. It would've been nice if the rings were a bit more plentiful and more spread out but otherwise, that's the only gripe other than having to use springs for most of the goodies. This level looked and played very great. I would actually like it if this level replaced Sapphire Falls CTF in SRB2.

MAP18 > Castle Canyon Zone by Mystic - 10/10
While the previous map should replace Sapphire Falls CTF, this one should replace Dual Fortresses. You know you have a good map on your hands when it could easily replace such a long standing map. It took me a while to hang of the layout but afterwards, this level was pure bliss. It was like a super mega awesome Thunder Citadel made into a CTF map. It would've been so awesome if the chandelier fell on you when you went under it, if only because it'd be a total laugh riot. :D The level played smoothly and excellently. This map has almost little flaws.

Circuit

MAP19 > Sparkle Pop Zone by CZ64 - 4/10
A very unique level using springs, loop-de-loops and such other things. However, the death pits and said gimmicks totally destroyed the flow that is so important to Sonic. It's interesting but it goes just as far as that.
MAP20 > Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone by Glaber - 2/10
This map is so long and confusing. The whole Sonic-Knuckles path idea was inventive but executed a bit wrong. It was also maze-like, small, cramped, and no.

MAP21 > Tier by BlueZero4 - 5/10
Maze, small, cramped, no. The idea was again, inventive but confusing, especially when it made a lot of things very hard to see. Me and my friends actually went laps around the top tier several times before realizing where we were supposed to go. It wasn't very obvious. It's not a bad map once you've played through it twice though, as it comes down to more than just thokking. The whole idea of someone passing the first lap and obstructing everyone else was a bad idea though

MAP22 > Battle Woods Zone by Glaber - 0/10
Sorry, enemies used in totally wrong ways in circuits means total failure.

MAP23 > Angel Island Zone by JJames - S/3
Part 1 in my S3&K SRB2 circuit interpretations. I tried to make it looked and feel like Angel Island, hence the whole thing with the falling logs and waterfall. You were meant to hop from one to another but it just did not work. Further more, I rushed it as shown by a fatal mistake; the first starpost is glitched! Thanks due in part that the starpost activator sector it's in is joined with another that houses the second starpost. Oops.

MAP24 > Ice Cap Zone by JJames - &/K
A better map than Angel Island. Yes this is part 2. I tried to capture the whole water in the background type thing in the beginning, except that you can actually go in it and die! The level itself is very bland except for the part with the bridge.

i sux at the voting

SINGLE PLAYER

Green Field Zone by CZ64 - 4/10
Yeah, yeah. I adore the neat 2D kind of concept. Of course, lazy GFZ1 rip and nothing else unique about the level in general. GFZ1 isn't worthy of anything more than a 4 anyhoo. And getting out of the water was kinda annoying.

Gelespious Mtn Zone by Penopat
PSO-inspired, quite obviously. I'm afraid to say more.

MATCH -gb2/releases/ Glaber. :(

MAP01 - Castleon Zone by Glaber - 1/10
... Uhh, you know the drill.
MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 1/10

MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 1/10

MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber - 1/10

MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 6/10
In a jokingly sense, this thing is the new Feudal Age Rush. Not the best playing map, and super laggy, but it sure is pretty. It played rather bland, it was rather flat, and the level design didn't feel too balanced. Still, it was decent. I hope to see another submission from you in time.

MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber - 0/10
This one was even less unplayable than the others.

MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid by Glaber - 2/10
For some reason, I like this one a bit better.

MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber - 3/10
Plays rather crappily, lags more than Feudal Age Rush and Emerald Park. +1 point for awesome RedXVI influence.

MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone by JJames - 4/10
Uhh. The only thing I really liked was the location of the blue shield - otherwise, this really isn't anything special, and doesn't exactly play that great. The Bomb locations are kinda annoying, and it's a bit bland on the design.

MAP10 - Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado - 1/10
ogod, its not a 0/10!
At least, unlike Glaber's first level, this actually has some stacked FOFs. But it still sucks.

MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone by ST2one8 - 4/10
Eh, rather bland. Played ok, but the rail felt overpowered and the design otherwise was really, really flat. Just as little that can be said, really, there isn't anything else to talk about. Also, o hay st218

CTF

MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone by Flame the Hedgehog - 5/10
N/A

MAP13 - Mario Vs Sonic CTF by Sales 0/10
N/A

MAP14 - Frigid Cave Zone by JJames - 5/10
Oddly fun, although it's so damn tiny. If you interpreted the design to a larger level, this could of been a great map...

MAP15 - Wooden Base by Kaysakado - 1/10
Eh, 2D. Eh, not good execution. 2D is extremely difficult to execute properly, so I'd think you should just stick to 3D levels.

MAP16 - Basilica Battleground Zone by ST21eight - 4/10
Hrm. Seems like your style is easily identifiable. Anyways, the map felt too random and confusing. There are quite a few [graphical] glitches, and otherwise the areas felt awfully closed in. And the blue base is totally b0rked. Still, was an interesting play.

MAP17 - Daimondus Zone by Glaber 6/10
Where the hell did this come from!? Out of nowhere, Glaber makes a good map. Its looks nice, played rather nice, and I liked playing it in general. The underground route seems awfully worthless, since the springs just end up shooting you up to land where an enemy is conveniently at. While the design is rather basic, I'd like to see more of these from you, Glaber.

MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone by Mystic - 7/10
As well as this played, I felt it was a bit *too* segmented for it's size, but I do say, it's quite a good map. There are a bunch of areas where the flag carrier can stay supposedly hidden, and no one seems to know of the whirlwind shield. The Rail seems to compliment this map rather well, although the ring placement is a bit too focused on the bases - I was rather struggling with rings sometimes. Pretty good.

CIRCUIT
MAP19 - Sparkle Pop Zone by CZ64 - 5/10
Hrm. A bunch of the areas are awfully skippable - and quite the contrary, some of the areas are too LIMITING. The loop, while nifty, felt random, and the map otherwise wasn't anything special. Played decently well.

MAP20 - Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone by Glaber - 2/10
While I see some effort, try fixing your maps next time.

MAP21 - Tier by BlueZero4 - 4/10
Oddly fun, although the map felt rather broken and buggy. It's rather hard to explain, but I ended up failing since I had no clue what the hell was going on.

MAP22 - Battle Woods Zone by Glaber - 2/10
While I see some effort, try making a circuit map next time.

MAP23 - Angel Island Zone by JJames - 3/10
Neat idea, fair execution, but those damned starposts were a total killer. They sometimes seemingly *didn't work*, and that really was irritating. Made the map rather hard to play. The logs, while out of nowhere, were a neat idea, though.

MAP24 - Ice Cap Zone by JJames - 5/10
Huh. I liked this one, but there really isn't anything new to see here - it isn't anything special. Although the underwater line of monitors was kinda random, the design was pretty good.

Also, could at least *someone* get the secret in Gelespious? Hit all the buttons. :3

EDIT: Re-looked over a few levels, new scores.

Uh...

Spazzo said:
MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 2/10
Small, crouded, and maze-like.

MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 2/10
Small, Crouded, and *shock* maze-like!

MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 7/10
Small, crouded, and...wait, no.

JJames said:
MAP02 > Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Must I repeat myself? Maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP03 > Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Again...maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP04 > Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber - 1/10
Sigh...maze, small, cramped, no.

MAP05 > Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior - 7/10
Maze, small, cramped...wait.

Whoa, that's a bit of a coincidence.

JJames19119 said:
MAP21 > Tier by BlueZero4 - 5/10
Maze, small, cramped, no. The idea was again, inventive but confusing, especially when it made a lot of things very hard to see. Me and my friends actually went laps around the top tier several times before realizing where we were supposed to go. It wasn't very obvious. It's not a bad map once you've played through it twice though, as it comes down to more than just thokking. The whole idea of someone passing the first lap and obstructing everyone else was a bad idea though
Uh, didn't I say something about "phail"? It was actually ment to have the thokers tripping over themselves, but that came at a cost: the pillars got activated before everyone was on lap 2. And yes, I'd belive that people got lost on the top tier. (I've done it myself, don't know why I didn't take it out.)

Well this is my first time voting and I went a really easy on the horrible levels.

Single Player:

Gelespious Mtn - 10/10
Pretty much the best single player map i've played although you could put a few more starposts in.

Green Field - 2/10
The camera was way too weird and it's pretty much just GFZ 1 with a weird camera.

CTF:

Wasteland Towers - 7/10
It was hard to escape the quicksand especially when you had the flag.

Mario Vs Sonic - 3/10
It didn't look too good with the textures and really wasn't symmetrical.

Frigid Cave - 8/10
Very good although sometimes the death pit didn't work.

Wooden Base - 3/10
It was 2D which I hate and my spin button is the same as lightdash/tossflag.

Basilica Battleground - 8/10
It's nice but it's hard to tell what's killing you by the blue base.

Daimondus - 8/10
Quite nice looked a little odd but it was very nice.

Castle Canyon - 10/10
The best CTF map i've ever played!

Match:

Castleon - 6/10
It was maze like and the rings were undeafed but I liked all of the textures.

Glaber Glutch Mine - 6/10
Pretty nice it was cramped though.

Clinkers Cavern - 4/10
Small and cramped I didn't really like the textures either.

Targetzans Temple - 4/10
Cramped and not too good textures.

Emerald Park - 7/10
I liked this one allot you had enough rings and everything.

WW Shoutout - 1/10
Just a bunch of rings and you could climb those walls you couldn't get through.

Icicle Pyramid - 4/10
It was cramped and the mario textures weren't that great but it was alright.

G. Glutch Village - 7/10
I couldn't play this in a netgame so I played it with some JTE bots till it crashed but it looked really good until you got inside with all the spike balls and thwomps you also overused the weapon rings.

Toxic Falls - 8/10
I really liked this map but the water falls all around it got pretty annoying.

Death Egg 1/10
It has missing textures, and it has a red sky. This map is really just an egg with a bunch of rings around it.

Circuit:

Sparkle Pop - 10/10
One of my favorite circuit maps my most favorite part was the loop.

Glaber Glutch - 1/10
It seems too cramped and like a maze I couldn't even find the goal.

Tier - 6/10
Actually this one I actually liked though it's still cramped.

Battle Woods - 1/10
Way too much enemies and I couldn't even find the goal.

Angel Island - 5/10
This one was pretty good but you get tons of starposts at the first and second one.

Ice Cap - 7/10
Everything was pretty good except some of the water had no color map.

Sorry for my grammar I'm not too sure if it's that good or not.

Match
MAP01 - Castleon Zone by Glaber Quite crowded, non-deafed rings. Also, pretty small, and maze-like. 1/10
MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone by Glaber Crowded, maze-like, hard to find other players. 1/10
MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone by Glaber Looks the same as before, just with texture replacements. 0/10
MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone by Glaber See comment for Clinker's Cavern 0/10
MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone by Dark Warrior Wasn't able to play this fully due to lag in every server I played this particular stage in, (yes the stage was lagging I guess) but what I saw was great! 7/10
MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone by Glaber Small, crowded. 1/10
MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid by Glaber Quite small, a little too simple. :( 3/10
MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone by Glaber This is one of those maps that just screams "RP!!!!" at me. I don't like that. Also, why is it raining? And, the Red XVI thing from CEZ2 is here, I think it's because of the map number, and also that's for the rain. 1/10
MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone by JJames Very nice! I played this against quite a few people, and it's small, but stilla very good map! 9/10
MAP10 - Death Egg Zone by Kaysakado Small, what's with the background? I didn't even get this when I first played it. 0/10
MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone by nickgamer2001@yahoo.com Liked this stage, it was fun to fly through ceilings/floors 8/10

Capture the Flag
MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone by Flame the Hedgehog Real fun, I liked this map alot. 8/10
MAP13 - Mario Vs Sonic CTF by Sales Oh, this. I didn't really like this one much. 3/10
MAP14 - Frigid Cave Zone by JJames This is one of those so-so maps I encounter every so often 6/10
MAP15 - Wooden Base by Kaysakado Another one I didn't like. CTF in 2D is a no-no because the flag often flies out of reach. 0/10
MAP16 - Basilica Battleground Zone It took me a while to figure out about those dumb crushers, but other than that, the map was good 7/10
MAP17 - Daimondus Zone by Glaber Glaber, I have to say, this is your best map here. I really liked this one. 9/10
MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone by Mystic This map was big, and confusing, but still quite wonderful. I played this with Mystic in a netgame way before this ^_^ 8/10

Single Player:
GreenField Zone - Ummm, what's to say? It's GFZ but a little more confusing, I only managed to get through it thanks to switching from my keyboard to my 360 controller (yay). A good concept though. - 6/10

Gelespious Mountain Zone - Big, detailed, the right amount of enemies, pretty damn good if you ask me... 9/10

Race and Match to come when there's enough people alive to have a decent look at them with.

Pretty much what Cueball said. I'm waiting for a good server...
So, for Single Player maps:

Green Field Zone - Chaos Zero 64
7/10

This was an excellent idea. The general feel of the (remade) GFZ1 worked well. The camera was off too much though. It needed to be higher, and not be so far from the character when he is running.

Gelespious Mtn - Penopat
8/10

This was a very well done map that I enjoyed. It did suffer from a bit of anti-Sonic areas (Areas that you can very easily fall into without escaping. Best axample is near that blue-spring room.) The music fit well and the whole of it was nice. It did need more scenery to boost its appearance more.

I am going to simply list my scores for now, and add comments later.

Single player
Green Field Zone 5/10
Gelespious Mtn Zone 9/10

Match
MAP01 - Castleon Zone 1/10
MAP02 - Glaber Glutch Mine Zone 2/10
MAP03 - Clinker's Cavern Zone 2/10
MAP04 - Targetzan's Temple Zone 2/10
MAP05 - Emerald Park Zone 7/10
MAP06 - WW Shootout Zone Zone 2/10
MAP07 - Icicle Pyramid 2/10
MAP08 - G. Glutch Village Zone 4/10
MAP09 - Toxic Falls Zone 6/10
MAP10 - Death Egg Zone 0/10
MAP11 - Temple Tryst Zone 6/10

Capture the Flag
MAP12 - Wasteland Towers Zone 7/10
MAP13 - Mario Vs Sonic 2/10
MAP14 - Frigid Cave Zone 7/10
MAP15 - Wooden Base 1/10
MAP16 - Basilica Battleground Zone 4/10
MAP17 - Daimondus Zone 8/10
MAP18 - Castle Canyon Zone 9/10

Circuit
MAP19 - Sparkle Pop Zone 3/10
MAP20 - Glaber Glutch Circuit Zone 2/10
MAP21 - Tier 5/10
MAP22 - Battle Woods Zone 0/10
MAP23 - Angel Island Zone 5/10
MAP24 - Ice Cap Zone 8/10

nickgamer2001@yahoo.com is indeed me.

Temple Tryst was a quick little idea I had, and followed through on it.

Basilica Battleground was inspired by the Gilgamesh theme. The crushers only come down on Blue Team, which may explain the confusion (it was deliberate).

Sonicandtails218 said:
Basilica Battleground was inspired by the Gilgamesh theme. The crushers only come down on Blue Team, which may explain the confusion (it was deliberate).

Strange, I could've sworn I was on the red team and I was still getting killed quite fast trying to enter the blue team's base..

Alright.
Match votes:

Castleon zone - Glaber
2/10

This really feels like a CTF map gone horribly awry. It's small, cramped, etc. The fact that the rings aren't deaf-tagged is bad enough. The basic design is intrinsically flawed in the fact that it is a small maze. It doesn't work out at all, really...

Glaber Gulch Mine Zone - Glaber
2/10

Oh my, claustrophobia. This level too, is small and cramped. The weapn ring selection was horrendous. You can't mix rail/bomb in a small area. It's overly abusive. And the lights in the hallway were too dark. The whole of it was just...Bad.

Clinker's Cavern Zone - Glaber
3/10

A slight improvement in that there isn't as much darkness as the other map. That being said, it has pretty much the same fatal flaws, and you included inf-auto-bomb in a small area. Still abusive.

Targetzan's Temple Zone - Glaber
1/10
...No, this is horrible. It's still small, it's still cramped, and now, we have the use of four weapon rings. Highly abusive Inf-Bomb-Rail-Auto combo. Not much else to say.

Emerald Park Zone - Dark Warrior
Mine.

It was nice to play this after the others. Well, anyways, I'll share some information about this map, instead of reviewing it. I put in two of each: Infinity ring, Bomb ring, and Auto ring. I figure that it's a big enough map that avoiding them is easy. If you find dodging them difficult, the picnic tables are an ideal spot to hide from people wielding those, as it is ridiculously hard to aim under them, and impossible if the player is shooting from the sky. The water (I'm sure you've noticed this, but I must say it anyways) has rings and a Random-Spawn monitor, set to be a Teleport monitor first. Sorry if this map lags a lot...

WW Shootout Zone - Glaber
1/10

Joy, another small map. But this time, it's open-air, has flat ground I should be able to walk on, but can't. It's got water, for whatever reason I don't know, that pretty much does not add to the (nonexistent)quality of the map. Too few rings, too many monitors, and too many weapons. All bad.

Icicle Pyramid Zone - Glaber
4/10

This map had potential. The only problems I see with it are the size, the fact that I can't see the stairs very well, as the snow texture draws pretty much the same. Those two problems, however, are massive. If they were fixed, this would actually make a decent map.

G. Glutch Village Zone - Glaber
1/10

I don't know what you were thinking, but this map is just wrong. And, why the hell did I get teleported outside the map with a bunch of Crawla Commanders? No. Just. No.

Toxic Falls Zone - JJames
6/10

Wow, this map looks pretty good. There are a few problems, however. Rail rings would have been a much better option than bomb rings. I have a very personal dislike of sludge in a grassy map, which is the chief reason this didn't get an 8. Water would have been a much nicer feature. Overall, however, this map plays well and I enjoyed it.

Death Egg Zone - Kaysakado
0/10

This map is unplayable. Moving on...

Temple Tryst Zone - ST218
6/10

The only things keeping this map down are the size and the layers. I don't think a match map needs 3+ layers of battleground, and is too wide/long. However, this was a very good idea and fairly well done.

SP: Green Field Zone - Chaos Zero 64 8/10
====================
The originality gives you lots of points, and the emulating itself was done well too, including what you see in the background. I can't really say if it was a good decision to use hold camera with SA mode, instead of 2D mode. I quess its for better emulation, but still...it doesn't make the camera happy. Also, whats up with the new crawla's? Though they aren't annoying or bad or something, I don't see the point of letting them jump.

SP: Gelespious Mountain - Penopat 7/10
====================
The music fits greatly, and the area's look awesome, and are just the size I'd like to see in every level. However, there is a bit overuse in crawla commanders, and the button hunting isn't fun. You can also get lost quickly if its your first play. Tails and Knuckles indeed have a advantage, but its too great. Sonic has a lot to do to reach the finish, while Tails/Knux can just sit back and relax, since the finish will fly in their hands anyway.

M: Castleon zone - Glaber 2/10
====================
What can I say? There is lack of rings, they aren't deafed, its a maze, and the sky doesn't fit if you ask me. Fighting for the infinity isn't good, ya know? Only good thing I see are those towers, which would be awesome for Tails to rail from.

M: Glaber Gulch Mine Zone - Glaber 5/10
====================
A bit cramped, some lack of rings, and rail is useless without bomb combined. However, with rail and bomb combined, Sonic disabled, and 4 players and more, this is a decent map.

M: Clinker's Cavern Zone - Glaber 2/10
====================
The textures murderd my eyes. Its too easy to camouflage yourself here(hint: Camo man) and attack from out of nowhere. Like before its cramped. The level has 1 truely deadly combo. Infinity+auto. NEVER, EVER, put that in a level! I think I'm seeing a pattern in your levels, too. They all seem to look a bit like Glaber's base.

more to come.....

Dark Warrior said:
G. Glutch Village Zone - Glaber
1/10

I don't know what you were thinking, but this map is just wrong. And, why the hell did I get teleported outside the map with a bunch of Crawla Commanders? No. Just. No.

You want to know why? It was because of where mystic placed my level. Map8 is known as CEZ2 where you were suppose to have that happen. Unfortunalty My testing was using a different number and the teleport glitch never came up untill now when it's too late. As for what I was thinking? Western town.

P.S. Heres the secret of Glaber Glutch Village. It contains the WOP.
srb20091-1.png

glaber said:
Heres the secret of Glaber Glutch Village. It contains the WOP.
srb20091-1.png
I know. I got there on numerous occasions. Once you memorize the locations of those Thwomps, it's a piece of chocolate-frosted cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back