Suggestions

Consider that it's about a thousand times easier to clear SS7 as Tails or Knux.

Obviously, we want some incentive to finish it with Sonic.

What's Tails's incentive to clear SS7 in Sonic 2 or Sonic 3?
I'd say there's a difference between doing piss-easy platforming by flying over everything and doing something the same way Sonic would have to. This isn't much of a comparison.
In the old games, there's the sense of completion, but in SRB2, there really isn't one as it's so easy with him.

Can I make an enemy suggestion?

If so, how about an enemy that normally acts like a Crawla but blindly charges at the player like the Vulture? Kind of like the rhinobot from Sonic 3.

So Sonic gets supersonic because it is a challenge to beat the SS7 as Sonic.
So what do Tails and Knuckles get...? Nothing? Then what is the point of collecting the emeralds? (Tails didn't get a superform in the classics either. But Knuckles....)

My point is that personally, I got all the emeralds when playing as Tails as well, even when it didn't do anything. In a perfect world we could have different endings for each character if they get all the emeralds as a reward, but right now we don't even have an ending at all, never mind six of them.

I just went through sonic 2 with tails on a no emerald run, tails doesn't get the bad ending. Unless getting the Cluckies counts as the bad ending.
Still need to check Sonic 3.

Well don't forget another factor. Tails and Knuckles couldn't use their abilities in the special stages, they could only jump.

It is said in the Sonic comics that Tails has 2 forms. Super Tails
Super_Tails_Revamp_by_Jofinin.png
, Titan Tails
22gg8.jpg
BTW,
3_rotating_rings.gif

Last edited:
BECAUSE ALL THOSE HUGE INAGES WERE NESESSARY AMIRITE?

And Titan Tails made me lol.

But you're also forgetting that the comics, shows, and other media are not int he same game canon, and Super Tails required SUPER Emeralds.

Fine...

But seriously, I would like.. maybe a reward for collecting emeralds? :p
Maybe an exclusive level? And Sonic will have Super Sonic also. Which would balance it out and make Emeralds worth it.

(@ Autosaver) Your reward is the experience itself! :P

But honestly, I don't really see the point in this argument. Gathering all the Chaos Emeralds kind of parallels optional super-bosses in an RPG. Aside from the occasional item, there's usually no reward for defeating them. So why do it? Because it's challenging and it's fun.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back