The NEW SRB2 site + MB + SRB2Live Site + YouSRB2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat, guys:

The concept behind this is great, and something the administrators here are fully behind. The execution is currently incredibly lacking, however. This, of course, is why we haven't already moved. If the execution was great, we'd switch over to the new software.

While I don't agree with everything Cue has put forth, there is a damn high probability that by the time 1.1 comes out, we'll be using the new forum software. PHPBB2 is an incredibly dated piece of software currently being held together by force of will and duct tape.

Mystic said:
PHPBB2 is an incredibly dated piece of software currently being held together by force of will and duct tape.

Damn, that's a lot of duct tape...

OH BAWWWW! You're not losing anything from the switch. Everything we currently have will either be retained or most certainly made better.

hm, interesting...

but I don't like the fact some of you do consider about MyBB
sure it has got features but I have got an own board with 75 Members and 12000+ Posts (about 50MB SQL-Dump)

after installing some updates I got from the german support (I guess it are the same than from the international support with just the language pack updates) the reply function refused to work during update from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12

I used my MySQL backup and started again all after the instructions from mybboard.de and mybboard.com. None of the variations worked! I actually got my hard time getting away from an outdated version of MyBB because the convertorswon't work written for 1.2.12

Cue said:
It's not all THAT much, Cue. I guess I'm just used to crappy systems where I have to get creative to get it to do what I want. It's more the force of will part than the duct tape part.

Mystic said:
Cue said:
It's not all THAT much, Cue. I guess I'm just used to crappy systems where I have to get creative to get it to do what I want. It's more the force of will part than the duct tape part.

You killed it... :(

Silver Sonic said:
hm, interesting...

but I don't like the fact some of you do consider about MyBB
sure it has got features but I have got an own board with 75 Members and 12000+ Posts (about 50MB SQL-Dump)

after installing some updates I got from the german support (I guess it are the same than from the international support with just the language pack updates) the reply function refused to work during update from 1.2.11 to 1.2.12

I used my MySQL backup and started again all after the instructions from mybboard.de and mybboard.com. None of the variations worked! I actually got my hard time getting away from an outdated version of MyBB because the convertorswon't work written for 1.2.12

Ehh? Just because you had one problem with the software doesn't mean that you should say to everyone else "Don't use it". Did you try going on to the irc chat room and trying to ask for help there or even ask for help on the forum? The only reason I can think of why your problem occured is that the template or a file got corrupted or something. Either way, We can't talk about this anymore in this topic.

c'mon it was more than just 1 problem
I had other problems with it as well and every of my users have their own strange personal problems with it

maybe you are right about that thing but that is my personal oppinion about it and experience with it

Of course I am trying to find the solutions and contact various people about it. It's not that I am just sitting there and say "this software is nuts because I have a single problem"

like today (posted that yesterday) I worked out my own plan for solving this problem:
not uploading the changed files instead of it upload a fresh 1.2.12 copy inserting the db and config.php and using the upgrade.php delivered with any version

and no I did not go into their IRC my failure...
everyone does his mistakes but IRC remembers me of the link to the solvage of the log in problem and I'd like to thank you about that I could have just searched their forum for that or check their stickies but the amount of the other errors my users told me about the editor compoments and other things like the problem with the psoting feature after the "succesful update" made me just angry about it and I was just searching for a way to get away from it I even had panics about using a completely bugged thing because I had done an update like this before

I hope you understand

Dude this is awesome!!! Now if this SRB2Live Program will work offline that would be cool too...How do I get Srb2Live? And how do I get it to work??

mkbullet4you said:
Dude this is awesome!!! Now if this SRB2Live Program will work offline that would be cool too...How do I get Srb2Live? And how do I get it to work??

Of course it works offline, you just don't get the best bit of it, see Mod Releases.

Oh, um. Well I don't have an Xbox 360 so i don't know much about the "Xbox Dashboard." or about Xbox Live. So if SRB2Live is like that, then I will know how to operate an Xbox Live Dashboard. Sorry, Cue.

mkbullet4you said:
Oh, um. Well I don't have an Xbox 360 so i don't know much about the "Xbox Dashboard." or about Xbox Live. So if SRB2Live is like that, then I will know how to operate an Xbox Live Dashboard. Sorry, Cue.

It's not like that, it's just the same idea.

Cue said:
mkbullet4you said:

It's not like that, it's just the same idea.

hopefully like, how much alike

A new MB, website, srb2tube and srb2 live? how much free time do you guys have? good luck doing all of that. Oh and will the main site have a link to the SRB2 wiki page?

super said:
A new MB, website, srb2tube and srb2 live? how much free time do you guys have? good luck doing all of that. Oh and will the main site have a link to the SRB2 wiki page?

I'm still in school, it helps sometimes, but not others, if I was in college, it'd be up by now since I wouldn't spend 5 days a week sitting listening to some teacher teach me stuff I won't need.

But yeah, of course it'll have a link >_>

Cue said:
super said:

I'm still in school, it helps sometimes, but not others, if I was in college, it'd be up by now since I wouldn't spend 5 days a week sitting listening to some teacher teach me stuff I won't need.

But yeah, of course it'll have a link >_>

omg your still in school lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back