3DS just got price cut to 170$

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3D in that video doesn't really have much of an effect, so it's questionable whether or not that would actually be worth it.

About the video thing? Is having it hacked required to play downloaded movies on it?

The 3D in that video doesn't really have much of an effect, so it's questionable whether or not that would actually be worth it.
Thanks for the kind, encouraging words. I know there are a lot of awful people that would immediately shoot down the idea without even giving it a second thought, but not you. And for your generous heart, you have my deepest appreciation.

Of course if I had a more interesting replay to work with, I could probably whip up something even better! But you've already done more than enough.

About the video thing? Is having it hacked required to play downloaded movies on it?
Of course not, don't be silly. Just slap it in your pictures folder.

I'll just leave this here.
No way! I was just thinking about how cool this'd be the other day, and then you come out with this.

Anyway, I watched it, and I gotta say, it does look pretty nice, though better in stills than in motion. The lack of texture filtering really doesn't help, but I think you could have done with turning up the depth just a tiny bit.

Last edited:
No way! I was just thinking about how cool this'd be the other day, and then you come out with this.

Anyway, I watched it, and I gotta say, it does look pretty nice, though better in stills than in motion. The lack of texture filtering really doesn't help, but I think you could have done with turning up the depth just a tiny bit.
Deep Sea Zone's tiny textures don't help either. Get me a nice replay of a better stage choice and I'll see what I can come up with.

If any 3D video would be made, it should TOTALLY be a replay in Dumbventure.

wink wink nudge nudge

That WAS my own. I also have replays of THZ1, but everyone is goddamn tired of the first six stages by now. And by everyone I mean me.

Yeah, but it's a nice-looking stage. And it's got lots of detail that'll look nice in 3D. Alternatively you could do Eggrock Zone 1 for the same reason.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/3ds_ambassador_game_boy_advance_games_revealed <- GBA Ambassador games revealed. Geez, pretty much all of these are awesome titles.

For those too lazy to click, the list is:

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
  • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Wario Land 4
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

They'll be out globally by Friday.

On a slightly related note, Club Nintendo now has select downloadable titles available for purchase with coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Two of the games available on the 3DS are 3D Classics Xevious, and Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again, for 100 and 150 coins respectively. However, do note that while MvD: Minis March Again is a DSi title, it can only be redeemed on the 3DS eShop due to it using download codes.

Last edited:
That's an awesome lineup of games, I'm especially looking forward to playing LoZ:MC, Metroid Fusion and Wario Land 4 again.

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/3ds_ambassador_game_boy_advance_games_revealed <- GBA Ambassador games revealed. Geez, pretty much all of these are awesome titles.

For those too lazy to click, the list is:

• F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
  • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Wario Land 4
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

They'll be out globally by Friday.

On a slightly related note, Club Nintendo now has select downloadable titles available for purchase with coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Two of the games available on the 3DS are 3D Classics Xevious, and Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again, for 100 and 150 coins respectively. However, do note that while MvD: Minis March Again is a DSi title, it can only be redeemed on the 3DS eShop due to it using download codes.

>Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
>Mario Kart: Super Circuit
>Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
>Metroid Fusion

Fffffffff...
YES!
YES-wait...

WHY NO GOLDEN SUN NINTENDO!

-Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
-Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
-Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
-Mario Kart: Super Circuit
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong
-Wario Land 4
These are all awesome! The others I have never played, but I will give them a chance!
Will Kirby have local multiplayer? It rely should, but even if it does who would you be able to play with? I don't know about anyone else, but not many people I know are ambassadors, here's hoping for online! (Yeah right :/) Or more possible a 100% public release for pay. And I rely wanted a Sonic Advance...

Well Jeck, do keep in mind these are ALL first-party releases. Sonic Advance wouldn't be up there for sure. though, there (apparently) were considerations for releasing GBA games publically, but no other words on that. We haven't even gotten any Game Gear games yet, only two GBC games, and one of them isn't even out everywhere yet. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
I got my 3DS the day they dropped the price, so I'm not an ambassador. I'm kinda jelly of all these awesome games, especially since I never had the opportunity of having physical copies of any of them

Head's up: In Australia and New Zealand, you can get your VC titles RIGHT NOW. It may be up later in other places later this afternoon or on Friday as advertised :<.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back