Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: they said it had an inconsequential story, meaning that the game's plot contributes very little, if anything, to the enjoyment of the game.

Going back to simplistic plots? "This just happens to them so they have to get through it. "

Fine with me, it's a nice break from the past overly serious and emotional ones.

Last edited:
Personally I'm fine with simplistic storytelling, the Sonic games aren't made for gripping, plot thread spanning thrillers or drama, they've always been Saturday morning cartoon fare at best. I enjoyed Colors because of that (the generally decent writing helped a bit) and I'll enjoy Generations if it follows that as well.

Methinks the writer of that review has it in mind that storytelling is a core component of video games these days, which it, of course, is not and has never been. It's just complementary to the game itself if it's (a) in the interest of the director of the development team and (b) obvious, well-written and well interwoven with the game itself. The fact that they're judging the game based on something that's irrelevant to how good this game is takes away credibility from the review for me and leaves potential for the game to actually be better than the 85% score listed.

The controls complaint, on the other hand...

I like that remix of Super Sonic Racing, a little different but I enjoy it. Plus it makes me so nostalgic. :3

So hey guys, they fixed the physics.

trollface.png

Oh well, at least he falls off.

Sonic Generations is some kind of review of every game we had so far of Sonic Games.
I didn't wanted Big arm to appear on the game. It just sucks.

Oh and by the way I wonder if there is going to be a Chao Garden. I don't think so, but it is still possible.

I hope that this game is what we expected to be.

They weren't in the other games, so I highly doubt they will be in this one. . .

Yeah, the Chao Garden and chao all together were really a Dreamcast/Adventure remakes exclusive. Nowadays they're just side characters or helpers. (Looking at you Omochao)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back