Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

I think everyone has heard of the new movie recently, and I want to have a moment here to talk about it, and what you think about it.

I liked it very much. I think the series wrapped up in a wholly satisfying way. However, I went back and watched part 1 again, and to be honest it was pretty damn boring. They definitely could have made it into one movie, but likely decided to split it into two to rake in the monies.

Movies listed in order of quality:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I liked it very much. I think the series wrapped up in a wholly satisfying way. However, I went back and watched part 1 again, and to be honest it was pretty damn boring. They definitely could have made it into one movie, but likely decided to split it into two to rake in the monies.

This is pretty true, however it was pretty much inevitably going to be a prologue to the final chapter of the story, so it's understandable that the first film was just going to be a bunch of build up with the climax in the form of Deathly Hallows Part II. Also consider that Part I adapted the first two thirds of the books, since breaking into Gringotts and the Battle of Hogwarts all take place from about page 500 or so onward (the final book is around 750 pages).

What somewhat upsets me is that, despite being split into two parts, there were quite a lot of scenes left out of the final cut, whether they were filmed or ever even written. I realize that movies can't adapt absolutely everything down to the word from the books, but the films were split in two in an attempt to get as much plot from the books into the film (as well as the monies), so knowing this irks me a tiny bit about how certain little things were left out.

Regardless, though, I thought that the Harry Potter films were rather fantastic, if not as gripping as the books were. The only real low point of the films was Half Blood Prince, it seemed...out of place between Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows, and it never really grabbed my attention. Still, the films were mostly fabulous.

Also Chuck Norris checks under his bed each night to make sure Neville Longbottom isn't hiding under thre.

I like Deathly Hallow 2 better, the first one's ... not that great. for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back